Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Can't get to the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
Glad you got it going! The UD6 has ALC889a- check the Enable HDEF audio post on the blog for kexts. You'll probably not need the 10.6.1 AppleHDA, but you will surely need a LegacyHDA.kext in Extra/Extensions. Good luck!

I can't seem to enable the audio. I have LegacyHDA.kext in the extra/extensions folder and have edited the DSDT according to the instructions. What else should I do?

In the meantime I tried nearly resource available here ony Tonymac's website to get my system running. After trying out about 15 different CDs (-ASUS, nv260, nv2xx, with or without DSDT, in preboot or/and in the root directory, with EFI-string and without, ... ).

I could really need some help over here ;-)

My system always shows the same behavior, namely blacking out the screen just before the installation appears (I uploaded a movie clip into this thread before, it shows that the last thing I see are white fonts on black ground, I didn't even get to the apple logo already). As this seems not to be uncommon for GTX260 cards, I'am still looking for a solution that works for me.

As said before, I am booting from an Image on an S-ATA harddrive, not the Retail-DVD. But i don't think this is the cause for my problems, because I just re-checked the functionality of this image over USB and FW800 on my MacBookPro which boots up just fine with it. I wonder if anybody else ever booted up from something else than the Retail-DVD ...?

So, what else can I try?

Have you
jantunes said:
tonymacx86 said:
Glad you got it going! The UD6 has ALC889a- check the Enable HDEF audio post on the blog for kexts. You'll probably not need the 10.6.1 AppleHDA, but you will surely need a LegacyHDA.kext in Extra/Extensions. Good luck!

I can't seem to enable the audio. I have LegacyHDA.kext in the extra/extensions folder and have edited the DSDT according to the instructions. What else should I do?

Have you tried using the USB method from the start? That would be the most universal way to install, and since you're not having any luck with the Retail DVD Boot CD method, I'd start there-

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... etail.html

Just pretend like you're starting fresh, and use this guide to a T. It's a bit more involved, but you do have a Mac to use to prepare the USB drive and all. This guide was the first one I wrote, and pretty much is the only way I found to install at first. Unfortunately, there are a small group only that have Asus boards, and the DSDTs in the Database are unedited. You'll have to edit your own DSDT to get stuff tweaked later, but you should be ok to install using this method. Let me know where exactly you get stuck in the USB Method and I'll try to help.

:ugeek:

Tornado said:
As said before, I am booting from an Image on an S-ATA harddrive, not the Retail-DVD. But i don't think this is the cause for my problems, because I just re-checked the functionality of this image over USB and FW800 on my MacBookPro which boots up just fine with it. I wonder if anybody else ever booted up from something else than the Retail-DVD ...?

So, what else can I try?

I used an ISO image that I burnt in Windows, but that was a perfect copy of a retail disc. What kind of image is it you're using? If it's a backup or something odd from a Mac, then it won't work.

thelostswede said:
I used an ISO image that I burnt in Windows, but that was a perfect copy of a retail disc. What kind of image is it you're using? If it's a backup or something odd from a Mac, then it won't work.

No, it's what you call a "perfect copy" as it comes officially from apple to my university. I just wanted to make sure, that S-ATA-harddrive and S-ATA-DVD-drive work the same for the installation (but IDE doesn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back