Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Can't get to the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can't get to the installation

Try inserting this into your com.apple.Boot.plist- Jocelyn84 found that if you use GraphicsEnabler as a Kernel Flag vs. it's own key, you can use the GTX 260 without EFI strings. Take a look:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=112

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<String>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=102

Well, I can't seem to get to the installation at all. I have tried burning the bootcd three different ways now and it doesn't ever seem to load.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I forgot to include the error message: Hopefully it is somewhat readable. After booting into Chameleon this is the only message that I get. I am never brought to an option to begin installing OSx.

And I am using a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, an EVGA GeForce 9400 GT, and Core i7 860. I tried setting the ACHI as instructed, I did notice that I had to turn it on like in 3 spots in BIOS.

Can anyone help me out here? Could it be that I am using the default BootCD iso?

Attachments

• error_screen.jpg
    error_screen.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 151

Are you using a SATA CD/DVD drive? It's rare for IDE drives to actually be able to boot the Retail DVD.

tonymacx86 said:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

So I have to change the original plist from the nv2xx-CD (see below) to the one above and remove the string at the bottom to finally get my GTX260 to the installation screen?

[...]
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 -v maxmem=1024 cpus=1</string>
[...]

Tornado said:
tonymacx86 said:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

So I have to change the original plist from the nv2xx-CD (see below) to the one above and remove the string at the bottom to finally get my GTX260 to the installation screen?

[...]
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 -v maxmem=1024 cpus=1</string>
[...]

I added it already to this version. Hope it works!

Public/tonymacx86-P55BootCD-nv2xx.iso.zip

tonymacx86 said:
Try inserting this into your com.apple.Boot.plist- Jocelyn84 found that if you use GraphicsEnabler as a Kernel Flag vs. it's own key, you can use the GTX 260 without EFI strings. Take a look:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=112

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=102
I was almost going to say it worked, as I was able to finally boot the installation just fine. Problem is, when I changed the resolution to 1440x900, it just stayed in the blue screen and I had to reboot the machine. Now when I boot it up again I just get a blackscreen and mouse pointer...

EDIT: I can boot with -x just fine, which is something new :)

EDIT2:SOLVED! I just had to change to the other DVI port. I can't believe this was the problem all along...
I just have one final question. Does that AppleHDA for the UD2 work on UD6?

jantunes said:
EDIT: I can boot with -x just fine, which is something new :)

EDIT2:SOLVED! I just had to change to the other DVI port. I can't believe this was the problem all along...
I just have one final question. Does that AppleHDA for the UD2 work on UD6?

Glad you got it going! The UD6 has ALC889a- check the Enable HDEF audio post on the blog for kexts. You'll probably not need the 10.6.1 AppleHDA, but you will surely need a LegacyHDA.kext in Extra/Extensions. Good luck!

So, what else can people with Nvidia 260 try to get their Installations running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back