Contribute
Register

Solved Blank Screen after Transcript Offline on IntelHD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pauldmps:

there must be something different if we have almost the same setup (cpu+hd 3000).
can you please tell me which version of the kexts you're using, which kernel, boot loader
lion versions, and post the whole DSDT part you modified for the hd 3000 and the full smbios.plist?

when you say "both IntelHD kext" you mean AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and:
a) AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
or
b) AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext ?

EDIT
what drives me crazy is that AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (which should be responsible for QE/CI, am i right?) IS loaded as indicated in System Profiler but still no qe/ci going...

lightmanrt said:
fyodor said:
thank you lightmanrt. dsdt that you posted fixed my greeny screen problem. My pc is asus n53sn-sz007v with 1920x1080 resolution. I have another question. Is there any option to change dpi on mac os x lion? Because fonts are too small to read now. Thanks again.

Great. I am running my screen at 1600 X 900 because I can't see the fonts. I'll check to see if you just change fonts like in windows. I also run my win 7 at 1600X900 because I just can read the screen without taking my glasses off and sitting on top of the screen.

Does sleep work for yopu? If it does, can you send me your kexts that control sleep.
?

Thanks!

Hi lightmanrt. There is no way to change dpi settings in mac. Except an experimental program that is shipped with developer tools. But it doesn't work either. I suggest this for only safari.
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?s ... 9093600680
I m trying to solve sleep but no luck until now. And i have another issue which you may help me to solve it. In every boot chameleon always repairs kext caches. I tried this command.
Code:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
it solve kext cache repairing problem. But at this time qe/cl was broken.

So, today I tried downloading the 7.1 Lion update, tried the IntelHD and IntelSNB from the package and BOOM, QE/CI working!
At least: menubar is translucent, chess works and videos work in youtube.
But: The ripple effect in dashboard doesn't show anyways... is this normal?

rocky.gio said:
So, today I tried downloading the 7.1 Lion update, tried the IntelHD and IntelSNB from the package and BOOM, QE/CI working!

If you uncheck "Show Dashboard as a space," in Mission Control System Preferences then the ripples should always show. If "Show Dashboard as a space" is checked the ripples will not show.

brycv said:
rocky.gio said:

If you uncheck "Show Dashboard as a space," in Mission Control System Preferences then the ripples should always show. If "Show Dashboard as a space" is checked the ripples will not show.

yeah dude, i know that, already unchecked as i said some post before, but still no ripples... things are getting better anyways.
next step i'll try with the amd 6770m, which should also work natively...

rocky.gio said:
brycv said:
[quote="rocky.gio":1g4lz3sr]So, today I tried downloading the 7.1 Lion update, tried the IntelHD and IntelSNB from the package and BOOM, QE/CI working!

yeah dude, i know that, already unchecked as i said some post before, but still no ripples... things are getting better anyways.
next step i'll try with the amd 6770m, which should also work natively...[/quote:1g4lz3sr]

Sorry about that. Posted too quickly.

hi,

my computer is asus n53sn, it has hd 3000 (116)..
i have green screen stretch problem..

i tried to patch my DSDT, but i'm getting 147 errors when i added dual link fix..
i don't know why??

also i tried lightmanrt's DSDT.aml.. screen problem fixed but no adjustable brightness..
and battery information failed also.. i'm now on battery and it's almost empty, but it's shows %100 and plugged in..

what can i do about that 147 errors.. this is not make sense..

my dsdt, i find GFX0, but it as below:
Code:
 Device (GFX0)
        {
            Scope (^^PCI0)
            {
                OperationRegion (MCHP, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0xC0)
                Field (MCHP, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                {
                            Offset (0x60), 
                    TASM,   10, 
                            Offset (0x62)
                }
            }
            Scope (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0)
            {
                OperationRegion (IGDP, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0xC0)
                Field (IGDP, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
and i also find Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) as:
Code:
Scope (_SB.PCI0.GFX0)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
        Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)
        {
            Store (And (Arg0, 0x07), DSEN)
            If (LEqual (And (Arg0, 0x03), Zero))
            {
                If (CondRefOf (HDOS))
                {
                    HDOS ()
                }
            }
        }
so i don't know where I can add code, please help me, thanks!

Hello guys. :)
I've tried to apply this patch to my (freshly dumped in Win7) DSDT but there's a really big problem I just can't seem to overcome. I'm using Chimera 1.5.4 on my HP ProBook 4730s.
Steps I've tried to find the problem:

Fresh DSDT + DSDTFixer (to get rid of the errors) => boots up but blank screen (expected I guess)
Resulting DSDT + Adding the DTGP method => boots up but blank screen (again expected I guess)

Now when I add the _DSM method to the GFX0 device it hangs at "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors ...."

I'm not sure if the problem lies within the _DSM method itself or the DTGP method call.
I hope somebody could help me as I'm new to DSDT modding. :D

EDIT: stupid mistake... Disable dedicated GPU in the BIOS and it works! Just have to find a way to disable the dedicated GPU via DSDT..
Great guide, thank you! :)

macool said:
hi,

my computer is asus n53sn, it has hd 3000 (116)..
i have green screen stretch problem..

i tried to patch my DSDT, but i'm getting 147 errors when i added dual link fix..
i don't know why??

also i tried lightmanrt's DSDT.aml.. screen problem fixed but no adjustable brightness..
and battery information failed also.. i'm now on battery and it's almost empty, but it's shows %100 and plugged in..

what can i do about that 147 errors.. this is not make sense..

I am not getting errors on DSDT. The battery and sleep are problems with this DSDT. If you plug the charger in first and then unplug it the battery reads correctly. Brightness controls do work for my both the display app and the keyboard. I have been trying to edit the dsdt to get sleep and power button off on shutdown but no luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back