Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard on SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did try it on another port yes, and it worked fine and did not display the error message.

But that was only as a non-booting drive, as I hooked up a mechanical HDD to the primary port. I didnt actually attempt to boot the SSD from that secondary port. In hindsight I probably should have given it a try.

Right now, its hooked up to a different board (The Asus one mentioned previously), and the same message appears in the verbose listing. I'll try it on the second 6Gb port of this board and see what happens.

Edit : Just tried booting it on the second 6Gb port, and the message still appears.

So it looks like it happens when you use it as a boot drive, but not when its a non-booting drive.

I did try it on another port yes, and it worked fine and did not display the error message.

But that was only as a non-booting drive, as I hooked up a mechanical HDD to the primary port. I didnt actually attempt to boot the SSD from that secondary port. In hindsight I probably should have given it a try.

Right now, its hooked up to a different board (The Asus one mentioned previously), and the same message appears in the verbose listing. I'll try it on the second 6Gb port of this board and see what happens.

Edit : Just tried booting it on the second 6Gb port, and the message still appears.

So it looks like it happens when you use it as a boot drive, but not when its a non-booting drive.

WonkeyDonkey

Yes its a shame you didnt get to test it before you move to the ASUS mb - would have been some "bang on troubleshooting" to see if it was a primary port. Actually from the BIOS and the chipsets point of view they are all primary ports - in that case it had 4 sata on the northbridge chip i believe and they would be channels which if we use F12 to select the port assignment to tell the BIOS to read the 1st sector on the drive to get the loader address on the Drive (sector 63) to start to read the boot table / command.com - in DOS talk.

l8tr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back