Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange... denying access to IGPU drivers due to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy expecting only discrete GFX0...
Well its not denying access to the driver as such, it allows for a single monitor connected to boot but thats it without disabling AGDP. Disabled it displays both monitors for my testing. With nvidia, no displays shown until its disabled.

Did you try Pike's board-id -> board-ix patch?
I'm not aware of this, I guess its like mimicking another board-ID that is not affected?

I'm not aware of this, I guess its like mimicking another board-ID that is not affected?

The patch disables the ability for the kext to determine board-id.

Could that have been causing some issues?
I'm testing with my GTX970 installed, its not causing issues here.

it loads about 3/4 through the apple logo and then the display shuts off. I plug my HDMI in and then they both start working. I have attached my IOReg with both displays working.

Your IOReg shows no AAPL,ig-platform-id, it should show <00 00 12 19>. In your config.plist could you add InjectIntel/True under the graphics section and restart. We need to get your DP to boot on its own, not just 3/4.

Last edited:
I'm testing with my GTX970, is not causing issues here.

Your IOReg shows no AAPL,ig-platform-id, it should show <00 00 12 19>. In your config.plist could you add InjectIntel/True under the graphics section and restart. We need to get your DP to boot on its own, not just 3/4.

I am able to boot with InjectIntel/True only if i leave ig-platform-id as empty and also the port as empty. I have attached the DP.ioreg.

I get artifacts with this set up, no acceleration (only 7mb), and no hot plug with the HDMI. I do however get a resolution of 1920x1080.

Attachments

• DP.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 193
The patch disables the ability for the kext to determine board-id.
Thanks it works, although I have to wait longer to switch on the 2nd monitor or else both screens go black unlike the direct info.plist edit.

I am able to boot with InjectIntel/True only if i leave ig-platform-id as empty and also the port as empty. I have attached the DP.ioreg.

I get artifacts with this set up, no acceleration (only 7mb), and no hot plug with the HDMI. I do however get a resolution of 1920x1080.

You're DP connection, is this a straight connection? no adapters to a DP monitor? The reason you get artifacts booting with InjectIntel/True and no ig-platform-id as its like it was before, Clover for some reason defaulting to Haswell unless you specify a framebuffer.

You're DP connection, is this a straight connection? no adapters to a DP monitor? The reason you get artifacts booting with InjectIntel/True and no ig-platform-id as its like it was before, Clover for some reason defaulting to Haswell unless you specify a framebuffer.

Ah.. yes. I do have adapters. I thought I had read that it didn't make a difference. So my DP is actually DP to VGA and my HDMI is HDMI to DVI.

Ah.. yes. I do have adapters. I thought I had read that it didn't make a difference. So my DP is actually DP to VGA and my HDMI is HDMI to DVI.
This is the reason you can't get it to boot, I'm completely surprised that the VGA monitor works at all. Now that explains why your resolution is lower than expected. HDMI to DVI is ok. Do you have any other connections available on your VGA connected monitor?

This is the reason you can't get it to boot, I'm completely surprised that the VGA monitor works at all. Now that explains why your resolution is lower than expected. HDMI to DVI is ok. Do you have any other connections available on your VGA connected monitor?

Ha! Well I guess I get some bonus points for getting this far. But no... its VGA only. Now I just need someone to feel sorry enough to donate an old 28" 4k monitor ;-)

Now two questions. Why am I able to get it working at full resolution on its own and not with a dual set up? And why am I able to get full resolution on both monitors with my old junkie video card but not with integrated graphics?

Ha! Well I guess I get some bonus points for getting this far. But no... its VGA only. Now I just need someone to feel sorry enough to donate an old 28" 4k monitor ;-)
Yes you do get bonus points, well I liked your post. Get a couple of 28" 4K monitors if you can, I'd like one.
Now two questions. Why am I able to get it working at full resolution on its own and not with a dual set up? And why am I able to get full resolution on both monitors with my old junkie video card but not with integrated graphics?
You may get full resolution but I'd check in About This Mac for QE/CI. There seems to better compatibility using the correct adapters with discreet cards, but no way would anyone recommend using a VGA connection with OS X in this current day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back