Contribute
Register

Skylake Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics Working as of 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah.. Lost access to hot plug second monitor with 10.11.5. Tried using problem 4/Method 2 to fix but I am using SMBIOS for MacPro3,1 because I was unable to get iMessage working with iMac17,1. On MacPro3,1 under Mac-F42c88c8 it is already set to "none" Any suggestions

- what board-id are you using?
- did you rename GFX0 to IGPU?
Apologies for the delay.
Board-ID : Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D for the iMac17,1
And yes renamed GFX0 to IGPU.

HOORAY! :clap: This worked for hot plugging the DVI screen. I used Problem 4/Method 2 as you described. Both screens working with your patches and intel injected. I don't have time to test more configurations now but will in a week or so. Thanks so much!
Yiehaaa ! It worked :)
Thanks everybody for the help. Much appreciated !!!
Thanks for testing and confirming guys. Glad both your monitors are working with a little workaround.
Will be interesting if someone with a Digital 3 port layout could test triple monitors. Unfortunately I only have 2 ports (DP+HDMI).

Yah.. Lost access to hot plug second monitor with 10.11.5. Tried using problem 4/Method 2 to fix but I am using SMBIOS for MacPro3,1 because I was unable to get iMessage working with iMac17,1. On MacPro3,1 under Mac-F42c88c8 it is already set to "none" Any suggestions
I couldn't get dual monitors to work with MacPro3,1 SMBIOS in 10.11.4. I've only tested iMac17,1 since I've updated and its works well. You may have to edit connectors for hot plugging to work.
I see your motherboard has DVI/HDMI/DP. Take a look at post#84, add the 4th display patch and supply the necessary IORegs connected to each one of your ports. Name them as I documented in that post. Of course thats if you want to and I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for testing and confirming guys. Glad both your monitors are working with a little workaround.
Will be interesting if someone with a Digital 3 port layout could test triple monitors. Unfortunately I only have 2 ports (DP+HDMI).
I have been playing around with triple monitors before my SSD arrive (and reinstall and provide IORegs after)

Skylake Dell E5470 HD 530 (0x191b0000) laptop (2xDVI on eDock), can drive 3 independent displays on windows(laptop screen + 2xDVI on eDock)

In OS X, I can boot laptop screen + first DVI (port 6) with no issue. If I try to connect second DVI (port 5), the laptop screen goes blank (and no way to wake it up other than reboot), can see both DVI monitors. OS X display manager reports all 3 screens are connected

If I try to boot laptop screen + second DVI only (port 5), unstable results (sometimes works, sometimes graphics glitches). Looks like second DVI port(port 5) is unstable, needs some investigation. tried combination of the different fixes available (4-port patch, port5 and/or port6 patches), no improvements

I have been playing around with triple monitors before my SSD arrive (and reinstall and provide IORegs after)

Skylake Dell E5470 HD 530 (0x191b0000) laptop (2xDVI on eDock), can drive 3 independent displays on windows(laptop screen + 2xDVI on eDock)

In OS X, I can boot laptop screen + first DVI (port 6) with no issue. If I try to connect second DVI (port 5), the laptop screen goes blank (and no way to wake it up other than reboot), can see both DVI monitors. OS X display manager reports all 3 screens are connected

If I try to boot laptop screen + second DVI only (port 5), unstable results (sometimes works, sometimes graphics glitches). Looks like second DVI port(port 5) is unstable, needs some investigation. tried combination of the different fixes available (4-port patch, port5 and/or port6 patches), no improvements

Thanks for posting your results. I have no experience with laptop framebuffers and to continue we'll need to move to the Laptop Forum as this is Desktop Only. Looking at the framebuffer you're injecting (0x00001b19), I'd need to see an IOReg with the connected displays, and to see which framebuffer connector is attached to the laptop screen.

My guess:

Code:
00 00 08 00 02 00 00 00 98 00 00 00 > Internal laptop display
01 05 09 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00 > Port 0x5
02 04 0A 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00 > Port 0x6
FF 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 > No connector/unused.

Last edited:
No problem, planning to stick to my existing laptop thread for my laptop problems, using this thread to see/post generic questions

Both DVI will boot plugged in if I set it to mirrored mode and is stable . Does this affect ioreg in any away? I can still see the correct ports assigned

(If not, might be useful for other people go try this, if they have boot/display issues on specific video ports)

Apologies for the delay.
Board-ID : Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D for the iMac17,1
And yes renamed GFX0 to IGPU.

Strange... denying access to IGPU drivers due to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy expecting only discrete GFX0...

Did you try Pike's board-id -> board-ix patch?

Thanks for posting your files. I believe that you are booting from more than one config.plist. This is stopping you from getting both screens working using the hot plug method this time around and stopping you receiving the necessary results.

Suggest removing any other drive that contains the Clover boot loader, i.e..USB's etc. When you boot using the HDMI port you are injecting 0x12190000 which is in the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer(Skylake). When you boot with the DP your system(another clover config.plist?) is injecting 0x0D220003 which is in the AppleIntelGraphicsFramebufferAzul.kext(Haswell).

From my testing with the same port layout, you'll want to boot the DP and hot plug the HDMI monitor. It doesn't work for me the other way around.

Can you confirm another config.plist aburk?

Thanks for you help wildwillow. I can confirm I only have 1 config.plist in my Clover EFI partition. When I was trying to make these IOReg for you the other day I had my video card plugged in for the first few tries but just disabled. Could that have been causing some issues?

Anyways, I was able to boot and get both displays up like I was talking about the other day. Started with DP plugged in and options selected were: no intel injection and I left the id and port empty. This gives me HDMI at 1680x1050 and DP at 1280x1024. The 1680x1050 is the max resolution for my HDMI monitor. The DP monitor should be 1920x1080 though. When I boot with this set up. I have the DP plugged in, it loads about 3/4 through the apple logo and then the display shuts off. I plug my HDMI in and then they both start working. I have attached my IOReg with both displays working.

Thanks!

Attachments

• HDMIDP.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 248
Both DVI will boot plugged in if I set it to mirrored mode and is stable . Does this affect ioreg in any away? I can still see the correct ports assigned
It will not affect the IOReg, as long as OS X detects the connected monitors it should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back