Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

lcheese51 said:
Ok I figured out my problem. For everyone using the new iboot or any iboot in that matter, make sure you have you hdd in the first sata port because for some reason i had my disk drive in the first one and it was causing a "Still waiting for root device" message in verbose mode. Idk if you want to put this in the iboot+Multibeast setup tonymac so someone doesnt make the same mistake as me. Cause if it wasn't for that your new iboot would have worked for the install but i think that was the reason why. Just some info for others cause this whole time i thought it was my graphics card but it really was that. Don't know why but it was. The way i got the bootloader working in the first part was when i started my computer, i pressed f12 then i chose my harddrive to boot and it worked so that led me to my conclusion. Idk if this is right but it seemed to work for me. Thanks for everyone's help but sometimes something as simple as that can screw **** up. Ok take care going to go enjoy my new perfect mac!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X.
Use the blue Intel SATA ports- not the white Gigabyte SATA ports.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/06/finalizing-build.html
.... use the Blue SATA connectors. Connect the HDD to SATA2_0, and the DVD to SATA2_1.

So the TonyMac guide doesn't quite go into the same detail as Lnx2Mac. I can't remember which port I put each of the HD and DVD drive in for the two hack build I've done. I think the first one I would have followed Lnx2Mac and TonyMac's guides simultaneously so probably put HD first. Cant' remember for my second !

I have a general question with using the experimental ATI bootloader option:

I realize it's dependent on 10.6.6-ish, is it possible that a future point update could break the enabler? Requiring one to update the bootloader once again?

EnzoFX said:
I have a general question with using the experimental ATI bootloader option:

I realize it's dependent on 10.6.6-ish, is it possible that a future point update could break the enabler? Requiring one to update the bootloader once again?

Not while real MAC pro's ship with ATI 5770/5870 cards. Why do you ask?

Hi notshy, I knew that you have a great experience with the HD 5770> I have the same card as yours (Batmobile) and was discussing the ability to get it work under 64-bit mode in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14314&p=92263#p92263

I read your guide regarding that and advised them to follow your guide, they reported a fail. Can you give your input regarding that?

Note: I didn't try it myself yet, my build is in progress (still need CPU).

thanks.

notshy said:
Do not buy a ATI card that is not dual slot with 2xDVI , HDMI and DisplayPort. You need a reference card design and I think the ATI silent cell is not reference design

brazza said:
I've got a "Gigabyte HD5750 Silent Cell" graphics card, and it is a dual slot card with 2 DVI ports, a HDMI port and a VGA port. I've tried everything I've found on this forum (and some others too), but my system won't recognize my card. I'm stuck with 1400x1050 resolution and no acceleration etc.

What other criteria are there to determine if it's a reference design or not?

Thx!

Need to run a script on the BIOS file of your card - can you post me a link to the Gigabyte website with the BIOS for your graphics card on plz and I'll see if I can help.

Sorry, I wasn't able to find a BIOS for download. I did, however, find a utility to update/backup the BIOS. I'll extract the BIOS and come back to you (this will take a while since I have to install Windoze to be able to use the aforementioned BIOS utility...).

Hello Friends

I got the card instalat HD 5770 Vapor-X, but now another problem appeared

the mouse and keyboard are still buzzin ', I move the mouse when he gets caught giving as if it had poor contact with the wire,
I tried several keyboards and mice here over the real problem appears only when the active video card.

anyone here ever experience that?

The installation was iBoot multibest + 3.3

Q8400
P5K-E Wifi
HD 5770 Vapor-x
4gb memory
Power Supply 450w

I'm thinking about changing it to 5770 by an old 9800gt

grafixidea said:
Hi notshy, I knew that you have a great experience with the HD 5770> I have the same card as yours (Batmobile) and was discussing the ability to get it work under 64-bit mode in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14314&p=92263#p92263

I read your guide regarding that and advised them to follow your guide, they reported a fail. Can you give your input regarding that?

Note: I didn't try it myself yet, my build is in progress (still need CPU).

thanks.

The card works very well in 64 bit

jehanvideo said:
Hello Friends

I got the card instalat HD 5770 Vapor-X, but now another problem appeared

the mouse and keyboard are still buzzin ', I move the mouse when he gets caught giving as if it had poor contact with the wire,
I tried several keyboards and mice here over the real problem appears only when the active video card.

anyone here ever experience that?

The installation was iBoot multibest + 3.3

Q8400
P5K-E Wifi
HD 5770 Vapor-x
4gb memory
Power Supply 450w

I'm thinking about changing it to 5770 by an old 9800gt

Please post your BIOS of your card

I need some help guys. I'm totally at a loss with setting up my video card. I have attempted countless ways to get this thing up and running again with no success. This had led to restoral after restoral, including several complete wipes. Here is my hardware:

GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FB
GV-R577UD-1GD
i7 950

DSDT Certified FB

FYI, I had this machine running fine for 4 months when I used Multibeast 2.5.1 with the ATY_Init Vervet+Graphics Update. For some reason with 3.3 all the kexts have been updated or changed for more features.

I just need to get this video working so I can expand on my resolutions, and to make it stable to upgrade to 10.6.6.

Can you guys help? I've been frustrated for 2 full days. :banghead:

TIA, John

johnbrooks302 said:
I need some help guys. I'm totally at a loss with setting up my video card. I have attempted countless ways to get this thing up and running again with no success. This had led to restoral after restoral, including several complete wipes. Here is my hardware:

GA-X58-UD3R Rev. 2.0 FB
GV-R577UD-1GD
i7 950

DSDT Certified FB

FYI, I had this machine running fine for 4 months when I used Multibeast 2.5.1 with the ATY_Init Vervet+Graphics Update. For some reason with 3.3 all the kexts have been updated or changed for more features.

I just need to get this video working so I can expand on my resolutions, and to make it stable to upgrade to 10.6.6.

Can you guys help? I've been frustrated for 2 full days. :banghead:

TIA, John

Hi, I just installed my system few hours ago and it works perfectly. I use the same video card as yours with no problems at all. I used Multibeast 3.2 and 3.3. But I prefer 3.2 because 3.3 has a bug that prevent showing the RAMs correctly in System Profiler.

in Multibeast (3.2 or 3.3 ) just check:
-Chameleon ATI experimental in bootloaders
-32-bit Apple boot screen in boot options

After successful install you can only check:
-64-bit Apple boot screen in boot options, to boot in 64-bit mode.

I recommend doing a fresh install, otherwise you will need to remove any old kexts like ATY_Init ...etc. You will not need them at all. Your card just need ATI Chameleon boatloader and GraphicEnabler=Yes

Try that, then post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back