Contribute
Register

Short's Beastly Build - i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 770 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! This is my first Mac on Intel build, so I'm excited! So far, it has gone smoothly. After I installed the hardware, the machine posted on the first try which was what I was expecting from Gigabyte. I just flashed to the beta bios you recommended, F8k, and I'm making the initial bios settings. I'll be installing OSX next. :thumbup:

I wanted to try using iBoot and the Mavericks Install Image that was extracted from the Apple Store. Earlier, I extracted it, but my Mac died which is why I'm building a Hackintosh now. Anyway, I set the beta bios as you recommended, but after running iBoot, it hangs on the Apple boot screen without spinning. I've tried -f, -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no and even PCIRootUID=1. Nothing seems to get me past the Apple. I'm going to try another OSX version next.

I wanted to try using iBoot and the Mavericks Install Image that was extracted from the Apple Store. Earlier, I extracted it, but my Mac died which is why I'm building a Hackintosh now. Anyway, I set the beta bios as you recommended, but after running iBoot, it hangs on the Apple boot screen without spinning. I've tried -f, -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no and even PCIRootUID=1. Nothing seems to get me past the Apple. I'm going to try another OSX version next.

All versions of iBoot allow you to run unsupported hardware with Snow Leopard. You however must use a Mac or Hack to make your UniBeast drive. If you do not have access to a working Mac/Hack that you can use then purchase Snow Leopard from Apple and use iBoot Haswell to let you download Mavericks and create your UniBeast flash drive. That will get you running on your hardware. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Yes, I do have Snow Leopard - I'll give that a try with Iboot Haswell, which I'm already using. Thanks for the assistance.

If you don't have a running Mac OS that you can use to make a Unibeast installer, you can go to an Apple Store and ask whether you can use a Mac there to download Mavericks and make an installer USB drive. A user in this forum reported that they let him do that and I've also tried it myself successfully :D

Much thanks... I've arrived at the Snow Leopard install screen using Iboot Haswell. :) So far so good...

I've installed Mavericks! So far, no freezes or kernel panics. I am about to run MultiBeast. I couldn't get Chimera to boot for me into Mavericks (it just kept spinning after Apple Logo), so I'm using the latest Chameleon build which works for me. Otherwise, I'll be tweaking with MultiBeast next. "My Mac" is showing the proper speed, memory, and my GTX 770 properly already.

OK. Let's back up. We know you have Snow Leopard installed. How did you install Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back