Contribute
Register

Shinew’s Build: GA-Z87X-UD5 TH / i7-4790K OCd 4.6Ghz / 16GB RAM / GTX 760 / El Capitan 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey did anybody get Bluetooth working by any chance? It's enabled but not discovering anything. Can someone help me please?

I have the same setup, and followed this guide. Thank you for it. I was having trouble with booting from the usb, then with the installed el capitan not showing as a start up option, and a few other odd things.

I was using the F5d version of BIOS, and I re-flashed the BIOS with that same version, and everything started working. I either had a corrupted BIOS or something was inadvertently set that made this not work. I did reload the optimized defaults before the re-flash, and that did not help either.

So that would be another thing to try if these directions do not work for you, is re-flash the BIOS.

srodd14, I did a fresh install. For bluetooth, just follow the steps and see if it works for you.

guitaristz, did you install all the kexts and run the patch file I've listed and find it not working for you?

Generally if it's not a clean install, make sure you also look into the /S/L/E to remove any old custom kexts that might cause conflict. If your Wifi, Bluetooth are not working, check your syslog to what the error says.

I had some problem with built-in Bluetooth not working initially along with airdrop & 5Ghz Wifi, now both the 5Ghz and airdrop is working flawlessly with my 2015 Macbook.

I have the same setup, and followed this guide. Thank you for it. I was having trouble with booting from the usb, then with the installed el capitan not showing as a start up option, and a few other odd things.

I was using the F5d version of BIOS, and I re-flashed the BIOS with that same version, and everything started working. I either had a corrupted BIOS or something was inadvertently set that made this not work. I did reload the optimized defaults before the re-flash, and that did not help either.

So that would be another thing to try if these directions do not work for you, is re-flash the BIOS.

that's interesting, I haven't touched the Bios since my initial build over a year ago. Did you overclock your system as I did? that could potentially corrupt the Bios.

Well I installed the four brcm kexts, the ToledaArp and the wireless command and now get the wifi fan and see our network, but it can't connect. Also no bluetooth is evident.

So far so good other than that!

Well I installed the four brcm kexts, the ToledaArp and the wireless command and now get the wifi fan and see our network, but it can't connect. Also no bluetooth is evident.

So far so good other than that!

Ah, I see. You shouldn't install the ToledaArpt.kext attached to my original post, it'll cause conflict. I forgot to remove the attachment. only install the kexts listed in the Wifi & Bluetooth section.

OK cool, I found it in Extensions and trashed it. I should add that I used Multibeast vs the your second Clover round. I did try it prior but the install broke and I had to start over. I figured your build may've been prior to to the latest release. So it could be that these E/kexts are not being loaded at startup? It is rebooting great though and I don't get the full, gnarly Clover menu— which was a bitch to remove— I had to nuke the drive with G-Parted.

This is a recording computer so internet is not crucial but bluetooth would be nice for keyboard and mouse.

An update: somehow the wireless started working after a nap, and that's a plus. It was fanning prior but settled in eventually;)

I installed a secondary bluetooth USB dongle and it kinda works but 'lets go' almost immediately.

The only crash/break happened when running audio_cloverALC-110. It did give a bit of a warning;) Thankfully, I had just CCC'd that drive to another and was able to boot there instead. Then I ran Mulitbeast with ALC 898 option and that fixed it so as I can now see/hear my USB recording interface an ID22. No built in audio though but it's no big deal.

Will you feel OK with an Apple update down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back