Contribute
Register

Shinew’s Build: GA-Z87X-UD5 TH / i7-4790K OCd 4.6Ghz / 16GB RAM / GTX 760 / El Capitan 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinew,

Thanks for following up I got BT/wifi and sound working; my box has been a work in progress. I have a few questions though. Since we have the same case; when you plug in a USB 3.0 flash drive in the blue ports on R4 does El Capitan start freezing up/getting choppy when moving the mouse or typing on keyboard? It seems to interfere for some reason; any ideas? It's kind of a weird situation. And second, did you install the Nvidia Web drivers for GFX or is it not necessary? Thanks in advance!

guitaristz, it might OK to update. But with every update there is a chance to break something and then you'll need to reinstall or tweak something. So I personally don't do every update unless apple is patching some major security hole or adding some new features I want.

srodd14, that doesn't sound right. Mine is very smooth and have no problem with any of my USB devices. What do you see in the USB section under system info and bio setting for usb? Also remove all the USB peripherals then only add the flash drive to see if the problem goes away. sometimes those USB hubs cause problem. And no the web driver is not needed.

Shinew,

I finally got everything working but did a clean reimage and cannot get sound working (when it worked before). All you did was mount the EFI partition and ran the .command file, correct? I can't get it to work for the life of me and have not changed anything in the steps I used previously.. any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Thanks for this Shinew,

My build is very similar, same board, with i7-4770k, GTX 770,
My previous experience was with MultiBeast,
After a few failed attempts with the MultiBeast method I tried this guide, and it worked...until it didn't.
At first I couldn't get past the 'prohibited sign' so I tired verbose mode and cpus=1, which allowed the installer to run completely, after reboot, Clover let me boot system drive and El Cap worked, (after a long boot time)
Next I ran the Clover Package installer again, for those post install changes
the result being I can't boot the El Cap system, similar to a previous post, the black screen/white apple progress bar gets to the end, and stays there.

I'm starting over now, I'm back on the booted system(yippe!)
Going to run post install Clover again, with those few things checked, ---but I took a peek into the System Volume, and the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ & the kexts 10.11 folder, Do not have any of the additions I made before,-- AppleIntelE1000, FakeSMC & NullCPUPowerManagement and HFSplus....??
they should yea?? is this why I can't get the SSD to boot?

Thank you everyone on here for all the info, every time I take a dive into my hackintosh I learn so much,

Thanks for this Shinew,

My build is very similar, same board, with i7-4770k, GTX 770,
My previous experience was with MultiBeast,
After a few failed attempts with the MultiBeast method I tried this guide, and it worked...until it didn't.
At first I couldn't get past the 'prohibited sign' so I tired verbose mode and cpus=1, which allowed the installer to run completely, after reboot, Clover let me boot system drive and El Cap worked, (after a long boot time)
Next I ran the Clover Package installer again, for those post install changes
the result being I can't boot the El Cap system, similar to a previous post, the black screen/white apple progress bar gets to the end, and stays there.

I'm starting over now, I'm back on the booted system(yippe!)
Going to run post install Clover again, with those few things checked, ---but I took a peek into the System Volume, and the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ & the kexts 10.11 folder, Do not have any of the additions I made before,-- AppleIntelE1000, FakeSMC & NullCPUPowerManagement and HFSplus....??
they should yea?? is this why I can't get the SSD to boot?

Thank you everyone on here for all the info, every time I take a dive into my hackintosh I learn so much,

lazercraft,

I just followed this guide and hit the same roadblock as you. I went ahead and installed everything to Clover (AppleIntelE1000, FakeSMC & NullCPUPowerManagement, HFSPlus and the config.plist) on the boot drive and was able to boot without the USB. Try that, looks like its working for me. Best of luck!

Just to let you guys know that the system is working pretty well! If anything drops out I run Onyx and restart with success. OSX update went smooth.
I am scared to try and install the bluetooth though as I don't want to crash the mainframe (again;) What did you try exactly to get that built in going and how's it workin'?
The wifi has been humming along sweetly.

I've got Logic running at 96k though it was crashing during some Preferences adjustments so I restart that program. This could be the latest dl'd app though.

I'm also too lazy to install Windows someplace to load up that Thunderbolt driver. Strange how that loads the driver alike firmware for it to take into OSX later.
Thanks again!

Well, Just wiped with GParted, then installed Win7 (worked much better than Win10) and installed the Thunderbolt driver. Then wiped with GParted again and installed El Capitan. Thunderbolt/DP looks super crisp at defaults.

The acl110 driver isn't needed with Multibeast that's out now: ran 898 and mobo audio works great.

att. is one of the five wifi kexts:

Attachments

• FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the great guide, using pretty much the same hardware as you except I have the GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard & ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5 Video Card. I have a spare SSD laying around so I will give it a try in the near future and hope for SUCCESS.

I'm having a problem finding a guide for the GA-Z87X-UD5H and i7-4790K combo, yours is the closest match. If I went with Clover over MultiBeast, would the settings you used work for my MB as well. Thanks in advance.

I'm having a problem finding a guide for the GA-Z87X-UD5H and i7-4790K combo, yours is the closest match. If I went with Clover over MultiBeast, would the settings you used work for my MB as well. Thanks in advance.
It should - they're very similar board. Just ignore the Thunderbolt section and use the rest of the info. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back