Contribute
Register

Schenker s413 - Clevo W740su

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not look like the normal codec dump.

Sound works now, i used HDAEnabler=Yes and for some rsn, this time, it worked.
So thats fine.

Last issue then: -icon distortion sometimes and shut down hangs (sometimes)
-fanspeed not showing hwmonitor.
I downloaden fancontrol, it says -1rpm for both fans.
I lowered the thresholds and did a stress test , i did hear them ramp up and down.
Temps never exceed 70°, runs 38 on idle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 11.01.51.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 11.01.51.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 231
So thats fine.

I lowered the thresholds and did a stress test , i did hear them ramp up and down.

Fanspeed detection requires DSDT patches (after you determine where to read fan speeds from).
FanControl is Mac specific.

As long as your fans work to keep the laptop cool, it is really not a concern.

So thats fine.

Fanspeed detection requires DSDT patches (after you determine where to read fan speeds from).

true, its not really a concern. my last deal is with the graphics then.

- through chameleon i can injectintel-ig but i just don't know which one. or the correct syntax for that matter. Is it 0x... or is it that number but reversed..i'm lost in the all the different guides each saying something else :)

BTW: should force HPET in chameleon? it's not in my bios settings

true, its not really a concern. my last deal is with the graphics then.

- through chameleon i can injectintel-ig but i just don't know which one. or the correct syntax for that matter. Is it 0x... or is it that number but reversed..i'm lost in the all the different guides each saying something else :)

The syntax depends on which flags you're using. For laptop Haswell graphics, most need IntelAzulFB=12 or IntelAzulFB=11. Note that InjectIntel-ig overrides IntelAzulFB. Please read the documentation for InjectIntel-ig so you know the syntax.

BTW: should force HPET in chameleon? it's not in my bios settings

Probably not.

The syntax depends on which flags you're using. For laptop Haswell graphics, most need IntelAzulFB=12 or IntelAzulFB=11. Note that InjectIntel-ig overrides IntelAzulFB. Please read the documentation for InjectIntel-ig so you know the syntax.

Probably not.

Ok, so i guess i'm good with FB=12 then. Haven't really found anything on intel iris pro 5200 specifically but 12 seems to work 'best' ... would really like to get rid of those distortions tho... i'm just wondering why they pop up occasionally.

Ok, so i guess i'm good with FB=12 then. Haven't really found anything on intel iris pro 5200 specifically but 12 seems to work 'best' ... would really like to get rid of those distortions tho... i'm just wondering why they pop up occasionally.

I think it is a mismatch between the 'stolen ram' specified in the framebuffer vs. the BIOS setting for the same (IGPU memory window 32MB vs. 64MB vs. 96MB, etc)

I think it is a mismatch between the 'stolen ram' specified in the framebuffer vs. the BIOS setting for the same (IGPU memory window 32MB vs. 64MB vs. 96MB, etc)

any possible way i can fix that?

Yes... patch the framebuffer connector table to match the BIOS setting.

probably too hard for a noob like me.. so im gonna live with it for now.
However another strange manifestation has presented itself :

sleep really doesnt work anymore, boot times are REALLY slow, shutdown works 1/5 times.

I added a second ssd in my laptop, could that be whats causing this? I formatted it journaled, should i format it something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back