1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. PowerBook
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've patched the Sapphire 7750 LP to support UEFI booting. This will give faster boot times into Windows 8 and will eliminate any "OptionRom" errors the the motherboard's UEFI might throw. It'll also give you proper resolution support in Clover if the CSM video driver is causing crashes. I've tested it and it works fine in my G4 Cube along side the onboard HD4000.

To install.

- Back up your current vbios if you haven't already done so.
- Create a DOS boot drive. There are plenty of tutorials online for this.
- Copy contents of zip onto the drive
- Boot from the drive (enable legacy boot first)
- run "atiflash -p 0 7750UEFI.rom" without quotes
- It should run through and tell you to restart if successful.

That's it. Please don't try this on other brand cards even if the model number matches. If you do, do it at your own risk. I've only tested this on the Sapphire LP version.

Attachments

• HD7750UEFI.zip
    332.7 KB · Views: 717
I've patched the Sapphire 7750 LP to support UEFI booting. This will give faster boot times into Windows 8 and will eliminate any "OptionRom" errors the the motherboard's UEFI might throw. It'll also give you proper resolution support in Clover if the CSM video driver is causing crashes. I've tested it and it works fine in my G4 Cube along side the onboard HD4000.

To install.

- Create a DOS boot drive. There are plenty of tutorials online for this.
- Copy contents of zip onto the drive
- Boot from the drive (enable legacy boot first)
- run "atiflash -p 0 7750UEFI.rom" without quotes
- It should run through and tell you to restart if successful.

That's it. Please don't try this on other brand cards even if the model number matches. If you do, do it at your own risk. I've only tested this on the Sapphire LP version.

Does this GOP bios provide any benefit when using Chimera/Chameleon ?

Is it still compatible when using Chimera/Chameleon ?

It might be wise to add a line in there to advise users to backup their existing video bios first.

:thumbup:

Haven't tested it on chimera/chameleon at all but the card still functions fine if I force Clover into legacy mode. I mainly did it to get rid of the authentication warning on my BIOS.

It might be wise to add a line in there to advise users to backup their existing video bios first.

Noted, thanks. Though I trust people on here would have the sense to make a backup.

Does this GOP bios provide any benefit when using Chimera/Chameleon ?

Is it still compatible when using Chimera/Chameleon ?
No. No.
GOP is only recognized with UEFI; no graphics in Chimera/Chameleon.

To clarify, the only reason to install GOP on a discrete card is for UEFI boot as primary display.

No. No.
GOP is only recognized with UEFI; no graphics in Chimera/Chameleon.

To clarify, the only reason to install GOP on a discrete card is for UEFI boot as primary display.

Thanks, that was phrased a little better than I did :) This patch is non-destructive. All I've done is added the UEFI code block to the end of the .rom and set the byte telling the BIOS that the card supports UEFI. If the BIOS is legacy, the card reverts to legacy operation. Other than that, everything is stock.

I ve tried the new bios today because i wanted to use clover with uefi for yosemite. When booting the zotac z77 itx bios with uefi mode the sapphire didn't output anything. After flashing it actually showed the bios, yosemite wouldn't start up all the way. After two reboots the sapphire card doesn't work at all anymore. It is not recognized by atiflash anymore... Is there anything i can to or is the card dead
Thanks for your help
Fleisch

Have you tried it in legacy mode again?

Yep... Nothing will try some more later today...

Hi, I don't know what i did exactly, but it is indeed working again!
Thank you so much for the modified bios!!
Cheers fleisch

Congrats. Hope that's the last of the hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back