Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
salcazar,

I have

• Mother Board Asus Z9 PE D8 WS
• 2 x INTEL XEON E5 2680 8 CORE 2.7-3.5Ghz
• 32 Go Ram
• Video Gygabytes Geforce GTX 780
• 2 x SSD Vertex 2 - 240 Go
• 1 x Velociraptor de 300 Go
• Alim corsair AX 860I

I tried with the same settings as you describe below... also the KEXTS, mac Os 10.8.3 and bios3302, i also tried firts with the last bios 3509....

The Pc start Screen 1

View attachment IMG_3384.jpg

Any suggestion Why the screen stay black?

best regards

Ben

i have also a a screen copy of -v mode

Screen -v Mode.jpg

Any Complete Instruction of how to install with unibeast on this motherboard? Which kexts? Which DSDT? Which Bootloader? Bootloader Settings? A Complete Installation Guide?

Everyone says that has succesfully make it working, but how? Every information about installation, is dotted.

P.S. I don't stuck at PCI Configuration. But can't do anything else. When I try to install Chimera on HDD, system doesn't boot.

I have 2x 2.8ghz quad core Xeon e5462 processors and 32gb of ram from an old 2008 Xserve, can I use these for a decent build. New to the community and need help.

Hey Salcazar,

first I wanted to thank you for your awesome work with these Kexts that you provided. Without these my GTX 780 won't work.

My Problem now on which you could hopefully help me with is my PCIe wifi card.
I builded one of these vanilla cards with the Apple Broadcom BCM94321MC.
When I install your IOPCIFamily.kext it won't detect the wifi card anymore.

I tried to put the DeviceID into the Info.plist but I had no luck.

Could you please help me modify your kext so that I can use both GTX 780 and the Wifi card?

Best regards and thank you in advance
nikezzz

Hello Sal,

We have the same board, the Z9PE-D8, I've managed with your kexts to make 10.8.4 run on the last firmware... thank you for those!

I'm running it at the moment with a GTX680, had to fiddle to find the right card for this mobo, you know as much as me this board can be difficult when accepting GPUs.

I'm testing at the moment some stuff on this board for hackintoshing, could please explain me what did you modified inside the following kexts :

AppleACPIPlatform
IONetworkingFamily
IOPCIFamily

So maybe I can try to replicate those modifications and better understand how you made it work.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for you step by step explanation, was of great help.

Tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts... :-/ sorry to post this here.

A.

...Tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts... :-/ sorry to post this here.
Posting here is preferred method to solve your problems. PM's help/solutions rob others of your experience in solving the problem(s). So, keep on posting in the public view. :thumbup:

helo,
you have found solution for 8086:1d6b?

Salcazar,

Thank you for this informative post. I am a hackintosh newbie and have pulled together the following items:

Asus Z9 PE-D8 mobo
2 x 2680 CPUs
8 x 8GB RDIMM
140GB Vertex SSD

Stupidly, I updated to the latest BIOS: 5103. It appears that the EZ flash tool won't let me go back. So, I had to buy a new BIOS chip. I bought it with 3302 installed. Hopefully, I can try this on Friday.

Has anyone had luck with 5103 BIOS? For me, the system hangs at the Apple log.

Thanks,
Roy

Hi!!! Please, I need help!
I'm confused with this phrase:
"So i bought 4 Bioses whith 0703 version (it´s very easy to change the bios with the fingers)"

How did you do that???? have you used any special tools to unplug this chip????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back