Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,

I still have the OsxAptioFix reloc block error from time to time.
I'm on the newest Clover r3577.
Does anybody have a solutions for this?

cheers
Roland

If you use OsxAptioFix2Drv just change for OsxAptioFixDrv

Just curious how far you went with this system in OSX upgrading? Does Catalina work with it? I just received 2 Xeon E5 2660 V3 CPUs 10 cores each and I am planning on building a workstation with Catalina. This will most likely be my last build reading where Apple is currently heading with their M1 processors I think all of us best build a high core machine to be honest. This will be a very, very bad move on Apple's part, bank on this, they are going to lose MILLIONS of dollars, I have already foreseen it.

Anyway I would like to know how far you went with this machine..

2 Xeon E5 2660 V3 CPUs 10 cores each
Em, these CPUs are for the 2011-3 socket (intel X99 chipset).
This M/B supports only E5 v1 and E5 v2 CPUs (intel X79 chipset).

macOS 10.14, 10.15, and 11.0 are working on this M/B.
I posted working EFI in another thread - #1 and #2.

Em, these CPUs are for the 2011-3 socket (intel X99 chipset).
This M/B supports only E5 v1 and E5 v2 CPUs (intel X79 chipset).

macOS 10.14, 10.15, and 11.0 are working on this M/B.
I posted working EFI in another thread - #1 and #2.

X99 there is no dual socket and V3 is Haswell. Gigabyte and other manufactures missed out on this big time. They should have made a dual socket motherboard made just for Xeon processor, it would have sold like hotcakes.

2011-3 will also work in Intel C612 server dual socket motherboard not just X99. V3 is Haswell while the other two earlier version are not.

Example a Dell T7810 has the E5-2660V3 with a dual socket motherboard. I watched some young man on youtube build a hackintosh with Catalina so this is why I was asking how far everybody has gotten upward in OSX. I appreciate the reply.

Here is dell motherboard that will work I am thinking of buying. I am still researching taking my time, want to get it right the first time....https://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-PRECISION-T7910-INTEL-DUAL-SOCKET-LGA2011-V3-SERVER-MOTHERBOARD-XRP8R-NK5PH/254849564868?hash=item3b5637c0c4:g:vW0AAOSwraBgFHEu

Last edited:
nvm I have been out of the loop for so long I haven't kept up on these mobos. Geez...I feel like an old rusty old 57 Chevy that's been sitting out in the field for the past 8years and left out to rust. Whenever I retired in 2012 I really retired!!

I can't believe how Intel releases a line of CPUs but the version number changes the type of CPU from Ivy Bridge to Haswell. This is nuts because there are multiple E5-2660 Cpus but it all changes from V2 to V3 then version 4 it changes again to Broadwell!! Why make it complicated? There is an unlimited amount of numbers and they have to use this scheme!! I haven't looked to see if V1 and V2 are different. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back