Contribute
Register

RT.GV Error on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long you wait it on that screen? Maybe you rush and didn't wait enough time.
Are you using the release or debug version of OpenCore?
Yes, maybe you should try UEFi mode.

@tecnicasopr I edited my message, sorry about the confusion. I didn't get a fully working installation.

@tecnicasopr I edited my message, sorry about the confusion. I didn't get a fully working installation.
In order to troubleshoot the problem you should use the debug version of OpenCore instead of the release. It will show you more info. Also take a look to the log files inside the EFI folder.

boot verbose to see the issue

XhciPortLimit should be disabled

MinVersion should be 0

your config.plist is incomplete

@trs96 made a tutorial for HP 6300 Pro & 8300 Elite, look here.
@
Sniki has one here
Also search online for: Sniki/HP6300-HP8300
You will find OpenCore info related to those HP computers.
Your config has a big mess (tree is out of order).
Use the sample.plist that comes included with OpenCore, migrate your settings and rename to config.plist when done.
Cheers, hope you finish soon.

Last edited:
boot verbose to see the issue

XhciPortLimit should be disabled

MinVersion should be 0

your config.plist is incomplete
Ok.
@trs96 made a tutorial for HP 6300 Pro & 8300 Elite, look here.
@
Sniki has one here
Also search online for: Sniki/HP6300-HP8300
You will find OpenCore info related to those HP computers.
Your config has a big mess (tree is out of order).
Use the sample.plist that comes included with OpenCore, migrate your settings and rename to config.plist when done.
Cheers, hope you finish soon.

How do you migrate your config.plist settings?

Ok.

How do you migrate your config.plist settings?
Open the sample.config side by side to your config.plist and then copy the serials you generated plus all custom and recommended settings you made for your board. Then just rename your config.plist to oldconfig.plist in case you want to look at it again. Finally rename sample.plist to config.plist and add it to your EFI folder.

@Sniki has a Gihub proyect for HP computers like yours. You can download his files and use them as reference to build your own EFI. Just remember to follow carefully the instructions of how to update OpenCore in case his Github EFI is an old version.

Is recommended to use a config editor instead of a config configurator. Configurators are good as long you master them and make sure is the correct version for the OpenCore version you are using.
I prefer to use Propertree, PlistEditPro or Xcode.

Xcode download is to big and that is why most people use Propertree or PlistEditPro but Propertree is free and PlistEditPro is not.

The only thing I don't like about Propertree, once you install it to your App folder, is that you can open with a double click the first file but after double clicking on a second file to compare side by side, the second config.plist won't open. So then it is necesarry to click on the top menu bar on File-->Open to be able to open a second file side by side.

I hope the developer of Propertree fix this on the future.

Last edited:
Hi @tecnicasopr, @Feartech,
I've successfully got to the installation process, however, I'm now getting this:
1665935794421.png

Here's what I use for connection (Wi-Fi, Wireless).
1665935827697.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back