Contribute
Register

Reset/restart after wakeup from sleep in Haswell system / 10.9.4 / ASUS B85M-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it by moving all stuff from SSDT-6 to DSDT and then delete SSDT-6. Now all stuff like PCI.PEG0.GFX0 (ati) and PCI.IGPU is in one DSDT. And this also fixed the _WAK breakup. _WAK now finishes completely. Sleep and wakeup work. Intel Power Gadget doesn't crash anymore.

So the problem was that SSDT-6 wasn't loading due to a mistake in SSDT-6...

You might want to track it down so you understand why. It is much easier to patch individual files in the event of BIOS upgrades/etc, vs. trying to merge them.

So the problem was that SSDT-6 wasn't loading due to a mistake in SSDT-6...

You might want to track it down so you understand why. It is much easier to patch individual files in the event of BIOS upgrades/etc, vs. trying to merge them.

I couldn't find any...So this works.

One question: I can connect the dvi cable to the internal Intel GPU. But then I see some trashed desktop with a lot on random pixels. Do this mean that I use the wrong frame buffer?

I couldn't find any...So this works.

The common mistakes when patching SSDTs:
- inserting a _DSM method into an SSDT when one already exists at the same path in another SSDT or DSDT. This one can actually be tested prior to booting by trying to disassemble your ACPI set (eg. files in /Extra or Clover/ACPI/patched) with 'iasl -da *.aml'.
- unbalanced renames (eg. renaming something in one file but not all the others). No way to easily test, other than by using ACPIDebug to see if object's _INI methods are called.
- injecting into a path that doesn't exist (yet). OS X is more restrictive than Windows here (ACPI compliant?), in that DSDT/SSDTs are processed in order and if an object is injected into a path that doesn't exist yet (eg. is not defined in DSDT or prior SSDT), it will cause a problem with that SSDT. Windows is more flexible here in that it allows the path to be defined in a later SSDT (a two-pass load). No way to easily test other than ACPIDebug/_INI method.

One question: I can connect the dvi cable to the internal Intel GPU. But then I see some trashed desktop with a lot on random pixels. Do this mean that I use the wrong frame buffer?

Could be. There is a thread somewhere in the Graphics forum for dealing with integrated/discrete together.

Could be. There is a thread somewhere in the Graphics forum for dealing with integrated/discrete together.

Thanks found it.

Another question: Do you know a patch if AppleHDA outputs disappear after sleep? I guess HDEF device is not waking up...? I use toledas AppleHDA patch...

Thanks found it.

Another question: Do you know a patch if AppleHDA outputs disappear after sleep? I guess HDEF device is not waking up...? I use toledas AppleHDA patch...

Which audio codec? Does your codec use an EAPD amp? Common on laptops and amp needs to be woke up after sleep using kext CodecCommander. Not sure if desktops have the same issue.

Hm, no applehda / ALC 887 now completely disappeared and cannot be loaded anymore. Maybe a mistake in my dsdt?

In log there is only this entry:
Code:
15.08.14 11:58:52,373 com.apple.kextd[14]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

HDEF is visible in IOReg... Strange.

I lately removed nearly all clover DSDT patch options. Maybe anyone still required?

EDIT: Ups, sorry! _DSM was missing under HDEF device (Clover injected this before).

New DSDT is available on the first post of this thread.

RehabMan thanks a big lot! I think your recent suggestion to execute the patch "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2" from your MaciASL repository did the trick!

Can you explain, in detail how you applied this patch?I have a similar problem with Sleep/Wake on my ASROCK Z270 Gaming ITX/ac motherboard.

When I put the machine to sleep it immediately wakes up again, does several resets, and then wakes.

I extracted the DSDT.aml. I used iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml to disassemble it to DSDT.dsl.

I downloaded / cloned Rehabman's Laptop patches. I opened the DSDT.dsl file in MaciASL, found the patch in the cloned repository for "Fix_WAK Arg0 v2' , and patched.

But I can't compile! I get 178 resulting compile errors, with most of them being UNDEFINES. See attached screen shot.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE: If I change the MacIASL -> Preferences to 5.1 the compile errors reduce to:

16286, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF

and

16322, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Are there know fixes for these errors? Should I be using version 5.1 of MacIASL ?

UPDATE # 2.

Found this thread:
MaciASL Patch Repository Thread
I applied the patch for "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2". Still get the above errors.

I have added the DSDT.dsl file after spending a while trying to find the missing bracket(s). Is there a way of finding matching brackets in MacIASL? A google search didn't reveal anything for me.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back