Contribute
Register

Reset/restart after wakeup from sleep in Haswell system / 10.9.4 / ASUS B85M-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of strange to have your AMD device named IGPU!! IGPU is used only for Intel integrated... Probably will cause a mismatch for power management (AGPM will be trying to power manage your AMD device as if it was Intel). I don't have any discrete card setups, so I could be wrong, but that is my understanding... Discrete should be GFX0. Maybe you've patched kexts to work around this issue?
No in my case, the Asus original DSDT had a "GFX0" device for the onboard Intel HD4600. My external PCI-E ATI5570 has no ACPI entries as far as I know. Following some guide I looked into the Intel graphics driver kext, searched for a iMac14,1 031B6874CF7F642A entry. This entry expects the intel ACPI device to be named "IGPU". So I renamed it in the DSDT to "IGPU".
Also, iMac14,2 usually has an nvidia, so that could cause issues too...
Thanks for this detailed info! Didn't know that. I originally had iMac14,1 and now switched back to it. But no change with the problem.
And you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext... try with -gux_defer_usb2.
I now again use the original Apple USB (removed genericUSBXHCI). I also added "add hwclock" in the clover usb settings. Now the system does not wake from alone.
Third party system software is always suspect. What is TCNear (tc.tctechnologies.driver.TCNear)? Same question for "at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch"?
I removed these kexts, but no change.

No in my case, the Asus original DSDT had a "GFX0" device for the onboard Intel HD4600. My external PCI-E ATI5570 has no ACPI entries as far as I know. Following some guide I looked into the Intel graphics driver kext, searched for a iMac14,1 031B6874CF7F642A entry. This entry expects the intel ACPI device to be named "IGPU". So I renamed it in the DSDT to "IGPU".

But look at your ioreg... Your discrete device is IGPU. I think you made a mistake with those renames...

The only IGPU in your DSDT is under PEG0 and is not Intel (address is 0x00010000, Intel is always at 0x000020000):

Code:
            Device (PEG0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Device (IGPU)
                {

Your Intel GPU is defined in the first SSDT (as is typical of Haswell BIOSes):
Code:
        Device (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

I now again use the original Apple USB (removed genericUSBXHCI). I also added "add hwclock" in the clover usb settings. Now the system does not wake from alone.

Not sure what you mean by "does not wake from alone."

And you really should try GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2.

But look at your ioreg... Your discrete device is IGPU. I think you made a mistake with those renames...
The only IGPU in your DSDT is under PEG0 and is not Intel (address is 0x00010000, Intel is always at 0x000020000):

Code:
            Device (PEG0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Device (IGPU)
                {

Your Intel GPU is defined in the first SSDT (as is typical of Haswell BIOSes):
Code:
        Device (GFX0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Not sure what you mean by "does not wake from alone."

And you really should try GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2.

Hi. I think I am not the best in patching dsdts... And I never patched ssdt before. I can find the intel GFX0 in ssdt-6 (from clover dump) and renamed that to IGPU. Now ATI is GFX0 in ioreg and Intel is completely disappeared since deactivated in bios.

"does not wake from alone." - it doesn't wakeup immediately after going to sleep mode.

Here are now new versions of DSDT, SSDT-6 and SSDT-7. Is it correct to put these files to clover/acpi/patched or will SSDT-6 not loading because ssdt 1 to 5 is missing?

Also new ioreg attached. Can you take a look what could be patched, too?
And last question, should be AGPM also manage the external ATI HD5570?

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    557.2 KB · Views: 47
  • dsdt-ssdt67.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 51
Hi. I think I am not the best in patching dsdts... And I never patched ssdt before. I can find the intel GFX0 in ssdt-6 (from clover dump) and renamed that to IGPU. Now ATI is GFX0 in ioreg and Intel is completely disappeared since deactivated in bios.

"does not wake from alone." - it doesn't wakeup immediately after going to sleep mode.

Here are now new versions of DSDT, SSDT-6 and SSDT-7. Is it correct to put these files to clover/acpi/patched or will SSDT-6 not loading because ssdt 1 to 5 is missing?

Also new ioreg attached. Can you take a look what could be patched, too?
And last question, should be AGPM also manage the external ATI HD5570?

Kind of weird... The DSDT in your ioreg (attachment this post) is quite a bit different from the one you posted in the attachment. I disassembled both and compared with diffmerge. Quite a few more patches in the ioreg one (eg. entire PEG/GFX0 section added), and even SystemMemory addresses differ, implying it is from a different machine or from at least different versions of BIOS (or significantly different BIOS settings). Maybe you can explain why?

Clover will load SSDTs even with gaps in the numbering (contrary to Chameleon/Chimera).

Of course, if you plan on providing patched SSDTs, you must drop the corresponding OEM SSDTs. You can drop each one individually by the tag in the DSDT header, or you can drop them all with DropOem. In the latter case, make sure to include any SSDTs that are needed (basically: exclude CPU ones, include the rest).

I'm not sure if AGPM will support the ATI. I don't have any ATI hardware so haven't really looked at it. I do know that the profile will depend on the smbios used (check per board-id in AGPM kext) and the ACPI names. There might be more info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html, and here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Hi,

Yes i lately Updated the bios and changed a lot of options. Btw should I enable active state power management (aspm) in the bios or not? There are lots of options for it. Eg for pci bus, pegp. If I disable it completely, it seems to be reactivated by system anyway, since rtl8111 kext reports activated aspm. The new dsdt should reflect the latest bios changes. Didn't know that the bios generates different dsdts ssdts for different options.

Ok there doesn't seem to be any real Mac with a intel hd 4600 and an ati. So should I choose some model that only has igpu in it? Clover suggested imac14,1.

It is really strange that even on all my patch approaches the wake up-reset problem does not even change. I also now removed the ati board and booted with intel gfx. Even then no change. I watched the wakeup problem with computer opened: the CPU fan starts two times to run, and then stops again. After the second I hear the reset beep.

Hmm, no idea anymore...

Hi,

I generated new original dsdts/ssdts, one time with ASPM enabled and the other with ASPM completely disabled in the bios.

RehabMan could you take a look if these dsdts differ strongly?

EDIT: Ups sorry, reupload, one dir was empty.

Attachments

• orignal-dsdts-compare.zip
    64.2 KB · Views: 47
Hi,

Yes i lately Updated the bios and changed a lot of options.

Whenever you do that, you must re-extract and re-patch DSDT. Operating with a patched DSDT out-of-sync with native DSDT will cause problems.

Btw should I enable active state power management (aspm) in the bios or not? There are lots of options for it. Eg for pci bus, pegp. If I disable it completely, it seems to be reactivated by system anyway, since rtl8111 kext reports activated aspm.

No experience there... My desktop BIOS is very simple and laptops have notoriously few options.

Ok there doesn't seem to be any real Mac with a intel hd 4600 and an ati. So should I choose some model that only has igpu in it? Clover suggested imac14,1.

Not sure what the conventional wisdom is here. Search everymac.com for info... Clover probably suggests on CPU alone.

It is really strange that even on all my patch approaches the wake up-reset problem does not even change. I also now removed the ati board and booted with intel gfx. Even then no change. I watched the wakeup problem with computer opened: the CPU fan starts two times to run, and then stops again. After the second I hear the reset beep.

Hmm, no idea anymore...

Could be DSDT issue. I would verify that _PTS/_WAK are executing from beginning to end (if possible). ACPIDebug.kext can sometimes help with this. I would also review all SSDTs to be certain you're including/excluding the appropriate ones.

Also, no sense in continuing until you've re-patched everything based on current extract...

Hi,

here is now a dsdt / ssdt started from beginning. MaciASL now shows proper SSDTs if extracting from ACPI. In IOReg the ATI is (correctly?) registered under "PEG0/GFX0". AppleLPC is loading. Attached also new ioreg and clover bootlog...

Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• new_dsdt_ssdt.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ioreg.zip
    514.5 KB · Views: 49
  • bootlog.log.txt
    28.2 KB · Views: 93
Hi,

I generated new original dsdts/ssdts, one time with ASPM enabled and the other with ASPM completely disabled in the bios.

RehabMan could you take a look if these dsdts differ strongly?

EDIT: Ups sorry, reupload, one dir was empty.

They are essentially identical.

You can do this next time... Here's how: disassemble all to *.dsl (iasl -d DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml) to separate directories... Then use diffmerge to compare.

Hi,

here is now a dsdt / ssdt started from beginning. MaciASL now shows proper SSDTs if extracting from ACPI. In IOReg the ATI is (correctly?) registered under "PEG0/GFX0". AppleLPC is loading. Attached also new ioreg and clover bootlog...

Thanks for helping.

I would probably include SSDT 5-7 in the final set, drop all others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back