Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Thanks will repost elsewhere

All DP 1.2 ports on the R9 280X are 4K capable! :)

Just note that you'll lose sleep/wake (as with all other AMD cards), unless you use the iGPU=Primary workaround. Besides that it should work fine!

In regards to sleep, I have an R9 380, with iGPU (530) set as primary. I still have an odd issue with sleep though. When it wakes from sleep I can't preview any photos (When you select a jpg and press the spacebar)...it will attempt to open the photo and just hang/beachball. Do you know why this is?

@fminus: This has also happend on my Hack before, not sure if I can reproduce it. I'm currently on Nvidia graphics, so I think it's not AMD related...

Ah, no worries. Just happy to hear *somebody* had this problem before. I will wait till the RX460 comes out since it appears it will be supported.

Side note, I really appreciate your help Flor!an in this forum as well as the others. I see your username popup across the web and it's great to have someone so active like you in the community.

Just verified: It's definitely related to the Skylake iGPU. My Hack behaves as follows:
  • AMD GPU, HD530 disabled: Doesn't wake from sleep
  • HD530: Doesn't wake from sleep
  • Nvidia GPU, HD530 disabled: Everything fine
  • HD530 primary, monitor connected to AMD or Nvidia: sleep/wake working, Quicklook & Preview broken, wakes once after sleep and continues to sleep after a few seconds
  • HD530 secondary, monitor connected to AMD or Nvidia: sleep/wake working, Quicklook & Preview broken
I guess the QuickLook issue is related to broken sleep/wake on HD 530. Maybe QuickLook is using the HD530 for some OpenCL stuff or similar...?

I currently have the Saphire Radeon 7950 GPU, Sleep/Wake was working perfectly fine for me on Yosemite, but on El Capitan, it doesn't work for me. Is there a proper fix that exists, or will there ever be? I really like my current GPU, and would prefer not to have to switch it just yet....

Configuring iGPU = Primary is the only workaround so far...

If I do set iGPU as my primary, how would I go about booting into Windows? Or would it be a guessing game of which selection I made in clover?

if you don't have a display connected to your iGPU, you could alternatively modify Clovers config:

Set it to auto-boot your OS X drive. If you want to boot into Windows, use OS X Pref Pane to change the boot volume. With working NVRAM, Clover will notice that and boot into Windows once. On the following boot, you'll get back into OS X.

if you don't have a display connected to your iGPU, you could alternatively modify Clovers config:

Set it to auto-boot your OS X drive. If you want to boot into Windows, use OS X Pref Pane to change the boot volume. With working NVRAM, Clover will notice that and boot into Windows once. On the following boot, you'll get back into OS X.

I actually have a three monitor setup for my desktop hackintosh setup, can I just plug in one of the monitors into the iGPU, and have it always plugged, and be able to use the monitor like I normally would?

In your alternative method, it sounds like one boot would be windows, the next would be OS X, than back to Windows, and so on, correct? If so, this isn't a bad setup either! Would you mind providing a noob friendly documentation or steps on how to do so if I understood this correctly?

Back