Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Spoofing your device ID to 0x6899 or 0x6898 should enable your GPU.
still no luck, but thanks for helping me.
maybe it's time to get a Geforce GT card

Unfortunately, I still seem to be scoring low on Novabench. I just received a 207, and others with the same card are getting 900+. Maybe it's a glitch?
Can you try LuxMark and Unigine Heaven (Extreme Preset)? I've never used Novabench myself, so I don't know how meaningful it is and if there are any relevant bugs...

Hi all sorry to repeat myself here but could I ask one last time (as I get conflicting answers):
Need to edit AND display 4K in FCP X, best card seems R9 280X, but specs say does NOT go to 4K resolution?

Do not want to spend good money on a 4 year old card when there's so many new cards out there for same cost that's all?

Many thanks

Hi Fl0r!an

Thanks for your rapid response; you are in fact one of the people who has responded to my question before, and one of the people here on the forum to whom I would never question your response as I trust your judgement. I just keep reading "2560 x 1600" max resolution on some sites that's all so it's been nagging at me!

Also I have 2 x 4K monitors and one is HDMI only, will this be an issue then?

Hi all sorry to repeat myself here but could I ask one last time (as I get conflicting answers):
Need to edit AND display 4K in FCP X, best card seems R9 280X, but specs say does NOT go to 4K resolution?

My monitor are a Dell U3415W, max resolution are 3440 1440, and my Gigabyte R9 280X can handle this resolution on both, DP and HDMI ports .

Fábio Rabelo

Those AMD cards don't offer HDMI 2.0, so they can't output 4K@60Hz through HDMI. You'd need to get a DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter, e.g. from Club3D. Most people were successfull using them with their HDMI 2.0 screen.

Be sure to get a R9 280X with 2 miniDP connectors, otherwise you won't be able to run more than one 4K screen at full resolution and full refresh rate! Oh, and avoid XFX branded cards. ;)

Those AMD cards don't offer HDMI 2.0, so they can't output 4K@60Hz through HDMI. You'd need to get a DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter, e.g. from Club3D. Most people were successfull using them with their HDMI 2.0 screen.

Be sure to get a R9 280X with 2 miniDP connectors, otherwise you won't be able to run more than one 4K screen at full resolution and full refresh rate! Oh, and avoid XFX branded cards. ;)

Many thanks, yes I saw some posts about XFX and it seems sapphire is the one; and just to annoy me even more I'm off to the U.S. in 4 weeks and could easily buy an R9 480 8mb for less than $229, if only it would work!!!

Sorry to add this here but as I'm a noob I don't know if this is graphics related or not - my system "pauses" with a beach ball (see attached log) but does ramble on about NVMe Generic when it happens?

Attachments

• Error.log.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 63
Back