Custom
CPU
i920
Graphics
ATI 5750
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I've tried installing Chimera 1.4.1 (via Multibeast) as well as 1.5.3's native installer. Both seem to install correctly but when I reboot w/o my iBoot disc I get the following message.

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

One thing to note: When I install OSX/Chimera to a HD connected via eSATA both versions of Chimera will function on that drive. For whatever reason my internal drive (this is a laptop btw) just won't accept a Chimera installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Eric

wescotte said:
I've tried installing Chimera 1.4.1 (via Multibeast) as well as 1.5.3's native installer. Both seem to install correctly but when I reboot w/o my iBoot disc I get the following message.

One thing to note: When I install OSX/Chimera to a HD connected via eSATA both versions of Chimera will function on that drive. For whatever reason my internal drive (this is a laptop btw) just won't accept a Chimera installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Eric
type make and model of laptop drive?
Some WD drives are impossible to install chameleon boot files to.

type make and model of laptop drive?
Some WD drives are impossible to install chameleon boot files to.

WD6400BPVT-75HXZT1

After a quick google "Western Digital Chameleon" it appears drives with 4k sectors are the issue. So, sounds like I might just have to wait for the bootloader to be updated.

hi
i have the exact same problem but my hdd is WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1.
Well it only installs if the hdd is removed from the laptop and connected as a USB drive and then reinserted in the laptop..so basically its possible to install but not inside the laptop??!!
Laptop is Acer aspire 3830T with intel hd3000 graphics, mac os x SL.

cosonic said:
hi
i have the exact same problem but my hdd is WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1.
Well it only installs if the hdd is removed from the laptop and connected as a USB drive and then reinserted in the laptop..so basically its possible to install but not inside the laptop??!!
Laptop is Acer aspire 3830T with intel hd3000 graphics, mac os x SL.

Did you actually do this or just read it would work? I don't want to rip the HD out if I don't have to...

No i tried it by myself and it worked,,,but i tried it with fresh install of SL,,,u can try it first without reinstalling and then see...but this isnt a good way of solving the problem.
And by the way the problem isnt only with chimera..with all bootloaders.
I tried to install chameleon on the EFI partition and it installed so that i could see the chameleon interface but i couldnt boot with it,,,.

I know the problem isnt just with me.. some say problem is with the HDD being 4k and not 512 byte...i dont know what that means buts some think its the problem?

Good luck and i hope we can find a solution

wescotte said:

Any ideas?

Thanks
Eric

I had 10.6.8 up and running fine on Chimera 1.5.2 and did the Lion install. After install reboot I get the same error (this is not on a laptop). Like everyone else HD is WD. I boot to 10.6.3 retail install disk with iBoot and when I have a look at it in Disk Utility Connection Type shows as External. I really don't understand the thing, why it was working before the Lion install, and why it's not working now.

Confused,
Chris

have you tried latest chameleon 1499 via chameleon wizard it might work on new hdds. if all fails do chameleon install on usb flash drive

stehor said:
have you tried latest chameleon 1499 via chameleon wizard it might work on new hdds. if all fails do chameleon install on usb flash drive

Well, not 1499 specifically but I've tried 1505 which was dated 2011/09/05 and still had the same issue. I think I'll need to use a USB stick until the issue is resolved. Most likely just a matter of time.

I have a new CustoMac #4 I just built last Friday, 08/26/11. It has the recommended Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 motherboard and a Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM hard drive that I am experiencing the same thing with. No matter which version of chameleon I install I get the Boot:0 error message. I have even installed chameleon manually and followed the steps to make the OSX partition active and it still will not boot directly from hard drive. I can leave the USB install key in the computer and use the chameleon install on it to boot the computer right up. There's something going on to cause this. Too many people are experiencing the Boot:0 error. It's either hard drive, motherboard, or an issue with chameleon causing a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back