Contribute
Register

[PROBLEM] Sapphire 6870 and Framebuffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say all the ports arent working..

Is this when you already have the DVI-D plugged in and want to plug another monitor in? Because that is a known issue with this type of graphics card, you can have multiple monitors but not when using the DVI-D port.

If it is not what I have stated above, have you tried using HDMI (for example) from boot. i.e. shut the computer down, unplug the DVI-D, plug in the HDMI and boot it up.

brownin said:
When you say all the ports arent working..

Is this when you already have the DVI-D plugged in and want to plug another monitor in? Because that is a known issue with this type of graphics card, you can have multiple monitors but not when using the DVI-D port.

If it is not what I have stated above, have you tried using HDMI (for example) from boot. i.e. shut the computer down, unplug the DVI-D, plug in the HDMI and boot it up.

Well, I have been testing with two screen:

I plugged a small screen in the DVI-i port (main display) and a larger one as secondary (HDMI).

In the first test I changed my plist to PCI=1
I was able to the second display in HDMI port, but unable to load the Framebuffer.
pci1.jpg

In the second test, again, I removed the PCI=1 string and the Framebuffer loaded without need to do anything else but, again, the HDMI display didn't work.

A weird thing is that the system actually detect the HDMI screen but seems to be unable to send video data to the monitor.

pci0.jpg

I'm clueless right now.

I know this is an old thread but...

I have the exact same Graphic Card and the same problem : if I load Duckweed framebuffer, HDMI is detected but remains blank where my screen connected to DP is fine !

Have you found a way to solve this problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back