Contribute
Register

Power Managemt May Be Incomplete or Unsupported

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant was how do I generate SSDT when I can't even boot into osx on the machine

Should I move all kexts in extra/extensions to s/l/E?

What I mean by same problem is that it goes up to the same line where it says CPU unknown and then the screen goes black

Use bootflags for HD4000. You may also need dart=0. Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #3.

Use bootflags for HD4000. You may also need dart=0. Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #3.

What should I do with the kexts in extra/extensions. Should I delete them?

Unibeast installed these kexts so i thought i should just go with it

Currently under Extra/Extensions there is

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
EvOReboot.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Is it safe to say that i can delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext + FakeSMC.kext as i am going to reinstall these using multibeast to S/L/E along with IONetworkingFamily.kext and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext as it has no use whatsoever to my system

What should i do with the rest?

Unibeast installed these kexts so i thought i should just go with it

Currently under Extra/Extensions there is

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
EvOReboot.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Is it safe to say that i can delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext + FakeSMC.kext as i am going to reinstall these using multibeast to S/L/E along with IONetworkingFamily.kext and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext as it has no use whatsoever to my system

What should i do with the rest?

Unibeast? Unibeast is just for creating your Installer. Unibeast doesn't have anything to do with post-install. Maybe you mean Multibeast?

IONetworkingFamily.kext is provided by the OS X installer in /S/L/E. It is the base-networking kext.

Refer to power management post for details on how to use Multibeast after a fresh install: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Bottom line: For your HDD install, you should have nothing in /Extra/Extensions. In fact, the /Extra/Extensions directory should not even exist.

I cant even get to the installer screen yet.

From the information you have provided so far (I'll assume you have 1366x768 display), try this:
- create Unibeast USB from scratch
- boot with flags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 -v dart=0 cpus=1

Give the installer adequate time to appear. It is not quick (on my Lenovo u430 with i7, it takes more than a minute).

After you get through the installer (assuming the above flags work with default Unibeast USB), then you can move on to the other tasks.

Multibeast is not used until after installation. When you mentioned Multibeast, I assumed you had already completed installation. You should be familiar with the overall process: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Also, your profile is not filled out. I'm pretty sure I've requested this once already, but here is another...
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

So should i still patch kernel with chameleon wizard and

Install patched appleintelcpupowermanagement and fakesmc using multibeast onto the USB

Because i tried these bootflags (IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -x -v cpus=1) (while i was trying to boot the installer) but the screen still went black after

Warning: IOPlatformPluginUntil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
--Power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

So should i still patch kernel with chameleon wizard and

It is optional. If you install the KernelPatcher module to the USB (after creating it with Unibeast), you won't have to use cpus=1 when using the USB to boot.

Install patched appleintelcpupowermanagement and fakesmc using multibeast onto the USB

FakeSMC is already on the USB in /Extra/Extensions.
Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is not necessary as NullCPUPowerManagement is in /Extra/Extensions.

Power management is a post-install task using Multibeast to your HDD.

Because i tried these bootflags (IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -x -v cpus=1) (while i was trying to boot the installer) but the screen still went black after

It will go black, then gray, then darker gray, then finally the installer...

Warning: IOPlatformPluginUntil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
--Power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

This is a normal message in verbose as you don't have correct power management implemented when running the Unibeast USB-based installer. You will take care of power management after the install.

Please fill out your profile as requested before replying again. Thanks!

Hey so i got it to work by booting with -x -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. But the installer and disk utility dont detect the HDD that is installed in the computer

Currently the HDD is using a GPT file system with Windows 8 installed on it

I swear i put my specs into my signature but i dont know why its not coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back