Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi All
I decided to download the mavericks today which is 10.9.3 and i created the install usb with the latest version of unibeast on a red 16gb sandisk cruzer switch.

I fired up the USB on my HP Pavilion 14-b030tu with a i5-3317u processor + Intel HD4000 and when i boot with only -v it gives kernel panic with "Local APIC Error"

When i try and boot with -v cpus=1 it doesnt give me kernel panic but it says this
"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService (resourceMatching (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Warning: IOPlatformPluginUntil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
--Power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

and right after that it goes to a black screen with the backlight off. I have tried these commands -x -v cpus=1, -v cpus=1, -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000, but it all gives the same thing. I know for a fact that the MacbookAir5,1 has exactly the same CPU as my laptop so i dont know why it isnt working

Does anyone have any idea on what i should do?

Thanks

Hi All
I decided to download mavericks today and i created the install usb with the latest version of unibeast on a red 16gb sandisk cruzer switch.

I fired up the USB on my HP Pavilion 14-b030tu with a i5-3317u processor + Intel HD4000 and when i boot with only -v it gives kernel panic with "Local APIC Error"

When i try and boot with -v cpus=1 it doesnt give me kernel panic but it says this
"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService (resourceMatching (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Warning: IOPlatformPluginUntil : GetCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
--Power management may be incomplete or unsupported"

and right after that it goes to a black screen with the backlight off. I have tried these commands -x -v cpus=1, -v cpus=1, -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000, but it all gives the same thing. I know for a fact that the MacbookAir5,1 has exactly the same CPU as my laptop so i dont know why it isnt working

Does anyone have any idea on what i should do?

Thanks

Install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon to boot without cpus=1.

Also see power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

And to activate your HD4000, requires boot flags, but depend on your unspecified screen resolution.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

That thread is specific to Haswell, not Ivy.

Install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon to boot without cpus=1.

Also see power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

And to activate your HD4000, requires boot flags, but depend on your unspecified screen resolution.

I forgot to add something really important. I downloaded the Install OSX Mavericks.app off Mac App Store today so its the 10.9.3 install image.

Sorry about that

Here are the specs for my laptop
System: HP Pavilion 14-b030tu Sleekbook
CPU: i5-3317u/HM77
Graphics: Intel HD4000/1366x768

Should i install 10.9.3 patches from Chimera onto the USB and do i need to delete any kexts that unibeast put there?

I also edited the SMBIOS.plist within the /Extra folder to the USB so the system definitions would match with the macbook air model that corresponds the closest with my HP laptop

Sorry about that

Here are the specs for my laptop
System: HP Pavilion 14-b030tu Sleekbook
CPU: i5-3317u/HM77
Graphics: Intel HD4000/1366x768

Should i install 10.9.3 patches from Chimera onto the USB?

I don't know what "10.9.3 patches from Chimera" you're talking about. Chimera is a bootloader... nothing to do with "patches".

To activate your HD4000, use:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Provide quality photo of entire screen if it doesn't work...

Post #3, "power management" link, provides info about how to start with Multibeast.

Hey
I downloaded the latest multibeast and i installed
-NullCPUPowerManagment.kext (there was no "patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext" under the system tab, only nullcpupowermanagement)
-AppleRTC Patch
-the latest FakeSMC

and i tried to boot with (cpus=1) the same flags but it still has the same problem. I cant generate SSDT because im using another computer to make changes to the install drive

Does it matter if the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and the FakeSMC.kext is in Extra/Extensions or does it have to be in S/L/E? Because Multibeast installed it to S/L/E and i moved it to Extra/Extensions and deleted the old kexts that unibeast installed. I also changed my system definitions to MacbookAir5,1 which has a i5-3317u CPU and HD4000 graphics.

Stupid question, where can i find the chameleon kernel patcher? I tried looking in Chamelon Wizard but i could find it

Any ideas?

Hey
I downloaded the latest multibeast and i installed
-NullCPUPowerManagment.kext (there was no "patched appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext" under the system tab, only nullcpupowermanagement)

Incorrect.

-AppleRTC Patch
-the latest FakeSMC

and i tried to boot with (cpus=1) the same flags but it still has the same problem. I cant generate SSDT because im using another computer to make changes to the install drive

What do you mean "same problem"?

SSDT generation must take place on the target machine.

Assuming you have HD4000/1366x768 screen you should also be using IGPlatformID=01660003.

Does it matter if the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and the FakeSMC.kext is in Extra/Extensions or does it have to be in S/L/E? Because Multibeast installed it to S/L/E and i moved it to Extra/Extensions and deleted the old kexts that unibeast installed. I also changed my system definitions to MacbookAir5,1 which has a i5-3317u CPU and HD4000 graphics.

They should be installed to /S/L/E.

Stupid question, where can i find the chameleon kernel patcher? I tried looking in Chamelon Wizard but i could find it

It is a "module". Thus, look at module tab in Chameleon Wizard.

I meant was how do I generate SSDT when I can't even boot into osx on the machine

Should I move all kexts in extra/extensions to s/l/E?

What I mean by same problem is that it goes up to the same line where it says CPU unknown and then the screen goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back