Contribute
Register

Power Mac G5 Intel Reloaded Edition (New Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
It's a nice build and i really like your new screen. Too bad it's a huge resolution and if you want to play at games, you'll need a powerful graphic card.

Speaking of graphics, what definition you use to get the HD 3000 working ?

I'd like to stick on iMac 12,2 on my rig, and apparently you need a MacMini definition ? Is it related to the AGPM kext ? If so i can maybe tweak it to have the HD 3000 entry at the right place.

You use some kext, DSDT, maybe ?

Hi,
It's a nice build and i really like your new screen. Too bad it's a huge resolution and if you want to play at games, you'll need a powerful graphic card.

I'd like to stick on iMac 12,2 on my rig, and apparently you need a MacMini definition ? Is it related to the AGPM kext ? If so i can maybe tweak it to have the HD 3000 entry at the right place.

Thanks
If you don't play games, you don't need a separate graphics card. There's enough graphics power for everything I want do do here - I do a lot of photo works with Lightroom.

I use the Mac mini 5,1 definition here, that's all you need.

Yesterday, I did the big jump to update the BIOS to EFI. The system boot up is very fast now! At this time, i don't have a DSDT anymore. I think, that I will extract the EFI's vanilla DSDT and then make the required edits for HDMI / Displayport audio.

At the moment the sound is running via the ACD's integrated USB sound card - I didn't know that this clever feature exists - well done Apple engineers! :thumbup:

Hi,

You can keep your iMac definition, this is explained by Toleda in his post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...-part-3c-kext-edits-intel-hd3000-revised.html

Here is an extract from the post that explains what is needed...

Code:
3. Platform_ID: If you would prefer a model identifier other than macmini5,1, you can specify snb-platform_id with dsdt injection. For example, your use imac12,2 in smbios.plist and load the macmini5,1 connector table. Currently, there are two connector tables; 1. macmini5,1 (1x HDMI and 2x DP) and 2. macbookpro8,1 (1x HDMI and 1X DP). 

MacMini5,1
Code:
                            "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                            },

Thank you fellas :)

You 're welcome

Tonight, I 've made a new DSDT for the U1c UEFI BIOS. It has the required DSDT edits for HDMI / Displayport audio according to toleda's HD3000 guide and was extracted via DSDTse from my MOBO. Everything works fine. Now, you can select, if you want to use the ACD's integrated speakers via Displayport or USB!

Displayport Audio.jpg

I recommend, to update your old BIOS to UEFI, there are many advantages:
- Very short boot up time
- Sleep / wake fixed
- no ugly text strings prior to boot into OS X

I 've attached the edited DSDT for the GA Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (Hw Rev. 1.3, BIOS U1c) in combination with HD3000 onboard graphics:

View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

I 've just ordered This USB Sound Module in the US. Hopefully, its travel to Europe is not too long...

I think a Hackintosh without an "Apple Chime" is not finished... :headbang: ...stay tuned.

Those Americans are fast, the packet is already here ! :thumbup:

I made a short Video of the first trials...

See Here

Everything works fine, just like a real Mac. :lol: More tomorrow.

Tonight, I 've made some soldering works and had to start up windows.

Hardware works on the USB Sound Module:
-Remove of the motion detector. Its drilling was used for the power cable.
-Rewired the power supply. To lower the voltage from 5V to 4.5V, I 've used a diode.
-Soldered a bridge into the two holes of K1 to trigger the sound constantly. It starts 1 times, if 5v is switched on.
IMG_2697.jpg

Then, I've composed a new "Hackintosh" Chime with "Gold Wave" ->It would be cool, if someone could compose an "official Tonymac" Chime
IMG_2677.jpg

Loaded the sound to the module with "PM66 Writer". For a better sound quality, I've selected "16K" Rate - the best, that's supported.
IMG_2695.jpg

A video of the result is Here

Attachments

• Hackintosh Chime_16.wav.zip
    410.7 KB · Views: 207
Here is a picture of the built-in USB sound module. It has nearly the same shape as an SSD and is mounted on top of it.

20120822-8222219.jpg

Today, I had the idea to install a toggle switch to select the boot sound - why is a mod never finished?? :lol:

What do you guys think about the idea to compose an "official Tonymac startup sound"? Could some musician here compose something?

Hands down the best cable management i have seen here in this form. Fantastic build.

Thank you.

After the installation of the sound device, I wasn't fully satisfied with the cable management anymore. So, I 've decided to do some rework:
-Sleeved the USB cables to the ATX bracket.
-Sleeved and reduced the adapter cable for the front fans. Removed all unnecessary cables on it.
-Interchanged the RS232 & the USB bracket, so there isn't any cable crossing anymore.
-Replaced white wire straps with black ones.

20120825-8252222.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back