Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meanwhile, I've tried out, how the temps are without a fan. I can't recommend that, because the whole system becomes really hot:
-Idle 39°C
2x Geekbench 62°C
Prime95 79°C... I've cancelled then...

MacTester

In the meanwhile, I've tried out, how the temps are without a fan. I can't recommend that, because the whole system becomes really hot:
-Idle 39°C
2x Geekbench 62°C
Prime95 79°C... I've cancelled then...

MacTester

Thanks for testing it out! These are core temps correct and not case temps? I am still holding out hope my 45W TDP chip can do it fanless!

Mark

Thanks for testing it out! These are core temps correct and not case temps? I am still holding out hope my 45W TDP chip can do it fanless!

Mark

You're welcome! Yes all readings are core temps. How will you design your copper block now?

MacTester

You're welcome! Yes all readings are core temps. How will you design your copper block now?

MacTester

Not terribly sure I do love the simplicity of your setup but it requires modding the actual heat sink as you know. My plan is to engineer a piece that would require essentially zero mods and would just bolt into place. Although this setup requires more planning, design work, and cost. So the plan is to run a controlled test this weekend with just copper to heat sink tests fanless and see what kind of temps I get with 45W TDP. If its acceptable I will roll forward with my original plan. I am still trying to find someone with a CNC machine capable of cutting copper that will run off prototypes for me for nominal costs. Most actual companies that do that work want a $500 minimum purchase. Which that isn't out my realm I don't really don't need the most expensive part of my build being the heatsink ;)

I assume it will be acceptable. I ran with JUST my copper plate the other day and I was able to keep the temps around 55C for about 30 minutes. After that they started to rise. This was doing normal work and Geekbench testing. Not prime95 tests.

Not terribly sure I do love the simplicity of your setup but it requires modding the actual heat sink as you know. My plan is to engineer a piece that would require essentially zero mods and would just bolt into place. Although this setup requires more planning, design work, and cost. So the plan is to run a controlled test this weekend with just copper to heat sink tests fanless and see what kind of temps I get with 45W TDP. If its acceptable I will roll forward with my original plan. I am still trying to find someone with a CNC machine capable of cutting copper that will run off prototypes for me for nominal costs. Most actual companies that do that work want a $500 minimum purchase. Which that isn't out my realm I don't really don't need the most expensive part of my build being the heatsink ;)

I assume it will be acceptable. I ran with JUST my copper plate the other day and I was able to keep the temps around 55C for about 30 minutes. After that they started to rise. This was doing normal work and Geekbench testing. Not prime95 tests.

Keep in mind, that Prime 95 produces much more heat than anything else! Could you post a pic of your test-assembly?

MacTester

Attachments

• G4 Cube temporary cooling.jpg
    G4 Cube temporary cooling.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 7,695
Thanks MacTester57,

But i meant this cable in the red square as you can see in the pic.

This cable is part of the delivery scope of the DQ77KB. It has five SATA power-connectors, one of them is used to connect it to the MOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back