Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 1.6 and 2.5 which is the base clock for the 3770T however I should be seeing turbo boost to like 3.7 iirc and I'm not getting that.

Did you know that you can shorten those SATA cables to the exact length you want?

Jeffinslaw

Did I miss a link? What is the detail on shortening SATA cables?

neil

Thank you for the link and the cable is very interesting but a little too high priced. I am into using custom length cables and use this link for my source: http://estore.circuitassembly.com/products/left-angle-sata-cables-length-4-to-14-inches.html

This source usually ships same or next day and the cables are good quality.

neil

Tonight, I did some electronic works.

The new "Custom Solutions Header". I've fabricated it out of a spare parallel port header from an old Shuttle barebone:
-Black (Pin 2) = GND To Apple Bluetooth A1114 "-" & To Edisen Touch Sensor MT0.2-ST-NR-N "Grey" (outer)
-Orange (Pin 5) = 3.3VSB ->To Apple Bluetooth A1114 "+"
-Grey (Pin 7) = Power Button -> To Edisen Touch Sensor MT0.2-ST-NR-N "Out" (middle)
-Red (Pin 9) = 5VSB -> To Edisen Touch Sensor MT0.2-ST-NR-N "Black"
-Green/Grey twisted (Pin 11/12) USB -> To Apple Bluetooth A1114
G4 Cube Custom Solutions Header.jpg

Testing the Touch Sensor with a temporary soldered wiring -> Works flawless! :D
G4 Cube Custom Solutions Header 2.jpg

C4 Cube CS_Header.jpg

Last edited:
So I blasted through your post here again and do not see what you are using for that touch sensor. I would love to know what one that is and if it is basically a plug and play type setup.

Also some of your pics are broken now, but all in all love what you have got going on.

So I blasted through your post here again and do not see what you are using for that touch sensor. I would love to know what one that is and if it is basically a plug and play type setup.

Also some of your pics are broken now, but all in all love what you have got going on.

To load the pics again, try to empty your browser cache. They work flawless here.

According to my last post, the touch sensor is the following: Edisen Touch Sensor "MT0.2-ST-NR-N"
It is connected as described and I would say, it is "plug and play"

Today, the thin 80mm fan arrived from Hong Kong and I've test-assemled the cube.
G4 Cube Fan.jpg

MacTester

Last edited:
Yesterday, I've made an unexpected discovery - the DQ77KB has a TOSLINK out. See the red light. Intel says, there is none! To use it, just use an adapter "3.5mm Klinke" to TOSLINK and choose the digital output.
G4 Cube TOSLINK .jpg

Tonight, I've mounted the Touch Sensor:

I did the sensor-mod the same way as sleppek on his Cube:

The round opening for the original touch sensor had to be "Dremled" into a rectangle shape
G4 Cube Touch Sensor Cutout.jpg

The sensor in its future position. The cable goes thru the original opening
G4 Cube Touch Sensor.jpg

The sensor fixed to dry. I've used "Araldit Cristal" glue
G4 Cube Touch Sensor Glue.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back