Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had terrible luck with SATA cables that have the clip on the connector and SSDs, they seem to just fall out because there's nothing for the clip to hook on to while clipless designs seem to grip on their own much better. How do your new short cables fare with your SSD's SATA connection?

Yes, it's the same here. But it should not be a problem, because I will fix the cables with the original cable retainer

After a bit messing around, the Cube is alive!

G4 Cube alive.jpg

I went the following way:
-First, I've updated the BIOS to 044.
-Then I had to set the yellow jumper to pin 2-3 to have access to the bios again. (powered down!)
-Reloaded defaults with F9
-Boot USB Devices First >Enabled. All other settings remain to default!
-Save changes
-Set jumper back to pin 1-2 (powered down!)
-Boot with Unibeast-stick attached to the internal single USB header, then installed 10.8.2
-Run Multibeast with the following settings. (I had to go the "Easybeast"-way, all other KP'ed related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext)

MultiBeast 1.5.3 Settings:
G4 Cube Multibeast 5.1.3 settings.jpg

The temps are good, but the core voltage remains @ 1.2V due to NullCPUPowerManagement.kext... Any suggestions?
G4 Cube Idle.jpg

Now, I will have to finish the works on the case, if all parts are here...

Tonymac rocks!
MacTester

Last edited:
MacTester57 - For some reason I can not see how to send an attachment in the PM editors today so here is my response to your query. My system is running 10.8.2 (12C60) and is installed with Multibeast 5.1.2 EasyBeast. I run with the FakeSMC.kext v 4.2.13 and the Motherboard Plugins and HWMonitor Application. The only change that I do by route is change out the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext to the one attached.

I am attaching a copy of my system report so that you can see what i see. I would provide the exact MB items selected, however I did not keep a record so it would only be a guess.

neil

Attachments

• Mac Pro.spx.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 179
  • AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    232.3 KB · Views: 169
MacTester57 - For some reason I can not see how to send an attachment in the PM editors today so here is my response to your query. My system is running 10.8.2 (12C60) and is installed with Multibeast 5.1.2 EasyBeast. I run with the FakeSMC.kext v 4.2.13 and the Motherboard Plugins and HWMonitor Application. The only change that I do by route is change out the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext to the one attached.

I am attaching a copy of my system report so that you can see what i see. I would provide the exact MB items selected, however I did not keep a record so it would only be a guess.

neil

Neilhart,
Thank you for reply. Does that mean, your CPU remains @ 1.2V too, or will the attached AppleAPCIPlatform.kext change this behavior?

Neilhart,
Thank you for reply. Does that mean, your CPU remains @ 1.2V too, or will the attached AppleAPCIPlatform.kext change this behavior?

Are you getting C-States and P-States to work? I just got mine running and I can't get speed stepping to work for some reason.

Are you getting C-States and P-States to work? I just got mine running and I can't get speed stepping to work for some reason.

When the CPU idles, then it's running @1.6GHz / 1.2V.
G4 Cube Idle.jpg

Under full load (prime95) @ 3.3GHz / 1.2V
G4 Cube Prime Full Load.jpg

It seems, that the core voltage always remains @1.2V. Any suggestions?

Another important thing is, that you should change the following in BIOS:
Configuration/CPU
-Control Temperature 65°C instead 85
-All-On Temperature 68°C instead 93
Otherwise, the fan never will spinning up and remains @ 1000RPM. Then the CPU will throttle to protect itself! Stupid defaults, Intel!:thumbdown:

Last edited:

As MacTster57 indicates, the speed step is one step from 1.6 GHz idle and 3.3 when working. And the kext swap out goes back a few weeks where I would KP with the plugins for FakeSMX.kext installed. The swap may not be necessary with new Multibeast versions.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back