Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from retail 10.8. Due to code optimizations by the compiler the patch script doesn't work anymore. Therefore I disassembled the code, identified the instruction codes I needed to replace and used a hex editor to do the patch manually.

Mieze

Awesome! I've been looking for this for a while. Thanks!

Do you think this will be required for Maximus V Gene?
There is an easy way to find out: Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and boot with the vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext installed. If you end up with a KP then the answer is yes, but if it still boots successfully then the answer is no.

Mieze

what if you have a patched BIOS? asus p8p67 pro mod bios 2103. i still get no pstates other than 16 for mountain lion. with or without SSDT. i am wondering if i use this patch AICPM i get the same result as you?
The BIOS patch removes the lock on MSR 0x2e so that you won't need the modified kext. In case you are still unsure ask samisnake as he is the expert in BIOS patching!

Mieze

The BIOS patch removes the lock on MSR 0x2e so that you won't need the modified kext. In case you are still unsure ask samisnake as he is the expert in BIOS patching!

Mieze

may be i should just update to the new moded bios for that board from snake. 2303.

Thanks! I installed this and deleted the null kext and now have 8 states again!

I guess there are some users with ASUS, Asrock and MSI mainboards who haven't patched their BIOS like me and therefore need a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8. Here you are!

Mieze
Where did this come from? The patched Lion version seems to be fine...

Just a noob question, the unibeast didn't work for me with Lion (my mobo is MSI Z68A-G45 Gen3 Z68 Chipset HDMI DVI VGA) I couldn't even install the mac since the installation screen was stuck in a gray background with the apple logo (is that a kernel panic?)

With this patch i can create new unibeast installation and simply put this file inside my USB and everything should work?
Do i need to do anything else?

Thanks.

Is there a patched one for gigabyte's motherboards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back