Contribute
Register

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
x79 has no powermanagement at the moment this might change when the new MacPro comes out soon

clover is a great option but u should read for a few days to fully understand what your getting into as there are many options. start reading here first http://www.tonymacx86.com/workshop/

I guess there are some users with ASUS, Asrock and MSI mainboards who haven't patched their BIOS like me and therefore need a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8. Here you are!

Mieze

Hi! Thanks a lot for your work! After I installed the kext the Pc became more silent and sleep mode start to work correctly, but.... there's a but: my cinebench's (R15e) CPU score decrease from close to 600 to 220 and GPU score from 70fps to 30fps ... this could be a problem for me because I use my Pc for 3D modeling and rendering.
Removing the kext and using NullCPUPowerManagement everything became normal...

My configuration is:
OS - 10.8 Mountain Lion
MB - Asus p8p67 Pro Rev 3.1
CPU - i7-2600 (not K)
GPU - ATI HD6850
RAM - 8Giga dual channel RipJaw (I not remember how to write it :p)

Ther's a solution for that problem?
Can I help doing something to find it?

Thanks again for your work, if will are not solution I can use your kext during "standard" usage and NullCPU during work. Can I do it installing your kext in /S/L/E and installing NullCPUPowerMamagement in /Extra/Extensions/? When I do not need NullCPUPowerMamagement I should remove it from /E/E and fix with kextutility... Or not?
Sorry if the question is stupid but is my first hackintosh :)
Sorry for my poor English

Can changing my simbios help me?

Can changing my simbios help me?

It help!!!
Changed from iMac 12,2 to iMac 13,2... now I can use your kext and everything work perfectly!!!
Thanks a lot for your patch work Mieze!!! Is fantastic having sleep mode and power management enabled and good perform.
Funny thing: if I test the sister before put it to sleep one time my CPU's cinebench are around 580, if I put the system in sleep mode one time and wake it my CPU's cinebench increase passing 600 (Do not know if is a good score or not but sounds better than 250 :p).

Thanks again

Hi!
Someone know if with that kext I will be able to use SpeedStep?
Thanks in advance :)

I guess there are some users with ASUS, Asrock and MSI mainboards who haven't patched their BIOS like me and therefore need a patched version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8. Here you are!

Mieze
noob question where does this go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back