Contribute
Register

P8P67 Pro DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
mestys said:
Good job, Are you upgrading to lion? I imagine your sleep isn't working without the DSDT?

There are some settings you can change in the bios to make it boot faster, getting rid of the splash screen helps and there is another setting which helps but I can't remember. My BIOS boot time is around 5-6 seconds.

No i don't want upgrade to lion now, i test it on my MacBook Pro and it isn't stable. I see a low perf to 30% lower than 10.6.8.

I don't try to make it sleep but i think i don't need this, shut on -> work -> shut off

Yeah, for bios boot, i'm gonna search to minimize this time.

in OsX?
use terminal
Code:
perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Hm, sleep still isn't working for me (screen shuts off but computer is still running, I can resume screen with mouse click or keyboard click). I'm guessing I applied the dsdt wrong? If you could provide a small tutorial on how to apply the dsdt, that would be amazing. Thanks!

sbl03 said:
Hm, sleep still isn't working for me (screen shuts off but computer is still running, I can resume screen with mouse click or keyboard click). I'm guessing I applied the dsdt wrong? If you could provide a small tutorial on how to apply the dsdt, that would be amazing. Thanks!

Add the dsdt.aml to your /extra folder. This folder is hidden but you can view it by going to finder then clicking go at the top and selecting "To Folder". Type /extra.

Have you deleted NullCpuPowermanagement.kext from your extra folder? If you get a kernel panic after deleting this next then you know the DSDT is not working properly. You also need to go to System Prefrences -> Energy Saver and tick the 4 boxes. Finally make sure any options like "Allow PCIE to wake PC" are enabled in the BIOS.

If you are still having problems with sleep after the above, open terminal:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Repair permissions/caches using multi beast and restart.

is this DSDT compatible with the latest beta bios 2001?

Update
I tried doing what you said on Lion 10.7.2, and something went wrong and I got kernel panic, i am still trying to fix the issue (at least this was a test Lion install).

I deleted the nullcpu kext, put the dsdt.aml in the Extra folder, did a run of "System Utilities" of Multineast, and rebooted.

mestys said:
sbl03 said:

Add the dsdt.aml to your /extra folder. This folder is hidden but you can view it by going to finder then clicking go at the top and selecting "To Folder". Type /extra.

Have you deleted NullCpuPowermanagement.kext from your extra folder? If you get a kernel panic after deleting this next then you know the DSDT is not working properly. You also need to go to System Prefrences -> Energy Saver and tick the 4 boxes. Finally make sure any options like "Allow PCIE to wake PC" are enabled in the BIOS.

If you are still having problems with sleep after the above, open terminal:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Repair permissions/caches using multi beast and restart.

I'm having the same issue, deleting NullCpuPowermanagement.kext and placing the DSDT in the /extra folder doesn't work for getting sleep working. Anyone have any thoughts? I also put the code in terminal and had no effect. I'm using 10.7.2. I'm not seeing a lot on getting sleep to work with the P8P67 pro board...

Thanks!

Man, I'm a f****** idiot...

I had installed the widget "Deep Sleep" a while back and had it go into hibernate instead of sleep. x-ing out of the widget didn't remove its settings so it was sending my computer into hibernate every time I put my computer to sleep and hibernate wasn't working. :banghead:

The reason I used Deep Sleep was because before when I had hacked an Eee PC 900, that was the only way I could get the computer to sleep... through hibernate, and well... anyway, now sleep works, THANKS!

Anybody actually had any luck with this dsdt? I've tried it on several clean installs and so far no luck. Sleep will just turn off the monitor and leave me unable to wake the pc without a full reset and power management also does not appear to work - Big time KP if I delete NullCPUPowermanagement.kext.
The only thing that does work (and thanks for this btw because its one less kext to load) is the HDEF edit.

AndyStubbs said:
Anybody actually had any luck with this dsdt? I've tried it on several clean installs and so far no luck. Sleep will just turn off the monitor and leave me unable to wake the pc without a full reset and power management also does not appear to work - Big time KP if I delete NullCPUPowermanagement.kext.
The only thing that does work (and thanks for this btw because its one less kext to load) is the HDEF edit.

Same here, doesn't work on my P8P67 Pro Rev3.0 either.

I also started making my own, I dumped my DSDT (From BIOS 2001 beta), and started applying patches comparing with mastys decompile, Andy's package for P8P67 Pro (Are you that andy?), and with the DSDT Editor patches, but still no luck in booting without NullCPU....

Later I might start a thread to do a good dsdt for our motherboard.
I am also interested in fixed the SpeedStep settings by including an SSDT.aml for i5 2500K..... hope I am good enough to do this.... help will be useful ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back