Contribute
Register

P5K-E WiFi from Yosemite to El Capitan, as (almost) a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was looking in my AppleYukon2.kext info.plist and there is no entry for a Yukon-88E8056...there is one for an 8055 and then it jumps to 8061. Can I manually add an entry for the 8055 and if so does anyone have the correct information? I tried the KextToPatch entry from the first post but that didn't do anything.

So I was looking in my AppleYukon2.kext info.plist and there is no entry for a Yukon-...there is one for an 8055 and then it jumps to 8061. Can I manually add an entry for the 8055 and if so does anyone have the correct information? I tried the KextToPatch entry from the first post but that didn't do anything.
Try with the old manner, copy the Marvell88E8056.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11. You find it in the first post under Kext.zip

Hi, flicka. Have you updated to 10.11.4? I have one computer and scared updated without your report;)
Done the update yesterday, all went fine but audio. I have to generate a new aDummy kext with Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher and rename it DummyHDA. Deleting the old aDummy and installing the renamed new one
solved the issue.
Attached the new audio kext

Attachments

• DummyHDA.kext.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 110
Done the update yesterday, all went fine but audio. I have to generate a new aDummy kext with Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher and rename it DummyHDA. Deleting the old aDummy and installing the renamed new one
solved the issue.
Attached the new audio kext
Just updated the system and fixed the audio using DummyHDA.kext.zip from your post - all working. Thank you.

There is a new method to achieve audio, "AppleALC.kext", a omnycomprensive kext for all known codecs (Work in progress, ever more codec and variantes added). No need of injection or Clover patches, only and copy the kext in kexts/10.11 and the right Layout-id injected. It is working fine with this MB, the actual layout-id is fine. Remember to remove aDummy/Dummy from S/L/E.
Download the latest release from here.
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

There is a new method to achieve audio, "AppleALC.kext", a omnycomprensive kext for all known codecs (Work in progress, ever more codec and variantes added). No need of injection or Clover patches, only and copy the kext in kexts/10.11 and the right Layout-id injected. It is working fine with this MB, the actual layout-id is fine. Remember to remove aDummy/Dummy from S/L/E.
Download the latest release from here.
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

Tested the new method. It's worked for me.
I removed aDummy from S/L/E and added AppleALC.kext to 10.11. Easy.
AppleALC.kext version 1.0.9.
It is nice that wiki and instruction AppleALC in my native language ;)
------------
I tried to update Clover with r3333 to current r3504 - OS X is not loaded. Do you know something has changed in the new version of Clover?

If your system is working fine no need to update Clover. Revert to the previous working version, a lot of people have the same issue with the newest Clover.

If your system is working fine no need to update Clover. Revert to the previous working version, a lot of people have the same issue with the newest Clover.
I immediately reverted to the 3333 version, otherwise I could not write the message above:)

Have you updated to 10.11.5? Everything is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back