Contribute
Register

P5K-E WiFi from Yosemite to El Capitan, as (almost) a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. Just in this guide do you propose to move kext in Clover folder, so perhaps should specify the change of the flag "Inject kexts" (for beginners, and for not forget).

I can't add my hardware in signature because P5K-E WiFi (chipset P35)not present in the list.
H/W: P5K-E WiFi, Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 Gb DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560.
I think you can try to install the nVidia web drivers to solve your issue.

Updated to 10.11.2 without problems.
Performed some changes in the guide regards AD1988b audio. No more need to patch Applehda at every update

I think you can try to install the nVidia web drivers to solve your issue.

I tried nVidia web drivers, but without changes. I tried to install the El Captain in clean disc, but strange artifacts left. But as no other problems but these little things, I just do not pay attention to them. The fact is that in El Capitan change the default font in some places on the bold font and bold somehow do not appear very nice, probably the problem with anti-aliasing. Regarding Google Chrome, it's probably a problem of Google Chrome.

Thank you for your help and for a report on the success of the update 10.11.2 (came here to check the possibility of an update to 10.11.2. P5K-E is my main and only home computer and I would not like to take risks with update).

Are you sure you have flagged in config.plist, Boot section, nvda_drv=1 ( nv_disable unflagged), and that the nVidia PrefPane is reporting NVIDIA Web Driver as default?

Hello flicka, thanks for updating the dummy audio kext. Quickly tested, it doesn't work for putting under EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, the kext simply doesn't load; however it works as promised for S/L/E. PS: Clover used is R3270.

By the way, great job.

Thanks for the feedback.

Updated to 10.11.3. No issue
EDIT:
Added a precompiled config.plist in "Attached Files". SMBIOS is already configured for MacPro3,1, you have to customize it with your S/N, a custom SmUUID (in terminal run the command "uuidgen" several time to create a unique SmUUID)and custom MLB for MacPro3,1. Chose the right settings for your graphics card (Inject nVidia/ATI Yes/No).
In this config I've added the kext to patch for Marvell88E8056, no more need of the Marvell88E8056.kext

Are you sure you have flagged in config.plist, Boot section, nvda_drv=1 ( nv_disable unflagged), and that the nVidia PrefPane is reporting NVIDIA Web Driver as default?

Yes of course. Never mind.

Thank you for your report about 10.11.3 and aDummyHDA.kext - I tried - it works.

By the way, according to the settings your Config.plist you from Italy :) I watched it, but not use. Why there set CPU>QPI = 100? In my Config.plist it's empty and work good.

Yes of course. Never mind.

Thank you for your report about 10.11.3 and aDummyHDA.kext - I tried - it works.

By the way, according to the settings your Config.plist you from Italy :) I watched it, but not use. Why there set CPU>QPI = 100? In my Config.plist it's empty and work good.

From Italy? Clever thought :D :thumbup:
CPU>QPI = 100 I don't know if it is still required, but it is related to a correct visualitation of "Intel Power Gadget"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back