Contribute
Register

osx mavericks on a alienware m14x r2

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i do that while installer or something cause I don't have another Mac to hook the USB to

How did you create your USB in the first place, then?

can i do that while installer or something cause I don't have another Mac to hook the USB to

Try in single user mode. Boot "-s" then..

Code:
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*

Try in single user mode. Boot "-s" then..

Code:
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Geforce*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*

well I tried what you told me too do and it's still getting hung up at the same spot

well I tried what you told me too do and it's still getting hung up at the same spot

Did you boot without caches (-f)? Always necessary after removing kexts manually. If it is not working, provide a photo of the resulting screen and the boot flags you're using.

Did you boot without caches (-f)? Always necessary after removing kexts manually. If it is not working, provide a photo of the resulting screen and the boot flags you're using.
Well I thought I had it almost working but when I boot with -f -v it hangs at still waiting for root device and when I go into the install and then disk utility my hdd doesnt show but my usb does Im not sure why its not showing

Well I thought I had it almost working but when I boot with -f -v it hangs at still waiting for root device and when I go into the install and then disk utility my hdd doesnt show but my usb does Im not sure why its not showing

Sounds like your SATA is not in AHCI mode. See if you have an option in BIOS to change it, otherwise run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and post the output here.

Sounds like your SATA is not in AHCI mode. See if you have an option in BIOS to change it, otherwise run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal and post the output here.
Well when I did the install it was ahci ill check again

I also ran that line in terminal it said lspci command not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back