Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

It seems like I can't download latest public beta. I'm in Spain and I have downloaded the public beta several times during this week but I'm always getting public beta 2.

Maybe the Spanish server hasn't been updated? Can I choose other server and/or App Store location? Is anybody experiencing the same?

Thanks!

I updated my iMac to the beta 4 but when I rebooted it doesn't show beta four and now the app store doesn't give me the beta four download anymore. I'm not going to install this on my pc just yet but if someone who has a mac and is testing this on there mac is this happing to you as well? Is there a direct download link for beta four, Sure there isn't since its beta.

I updated my iMac to the beta 4 but when I rebooted it doesn't show beta four and now the app store doesn't give me the beta four download anymore. I'm not going to install this on my pc just yet but if someone who has a mac and is testing this on there mac is this happing to you as well? Is there a direct download link for beta four, Sure there isn't since its beta.

This happened on both my Macbook Pro and Hackintosh. However the build number does show the Public Beta 4 build number did install but for some reason the app store no longer shows it.

I made a little bash script to ease the turning on and off of the rootless features needed for editing and upgrades. This is my "learning bash" experiment, so watch out for errors and feel free to change and redistribute.

So please accept my positive critic ;)

jambdox said:
Code:
if [ ! -a /Volumes/EFI/* ]; then
    if [ -d /Volumes/EFI ]; then
        continue
    else
        mkdir /Volumes/EFI
    fi
else
    echo "Directory /Volumes/EFI already exists and is not empty."
    exit
fi

DEV=$(df -P / | tail -n 1 |  awk '/.*/ { print $1 }'| sed -E 's/s([0-9]+)/s1/' )
echo "Mounting EFI partition from $DEV"
mount -t msdos "$DEV" /Volumes/EFI
[/quote]

have a look at "diskutil mount $DEV", you'll then not need to do the mkdir /Volumes/EFI (But you can and should still check for it) and neither the mount -t. What you should do, is after the "diskutil mount" to check the validity of the EFI/ESP partition mounted.

@RehabMan

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or L/E on 10.11) anyway.

How about the following kext file, which is generated by the script of audio_cloverALC_110_v1.0c.command

realtekALC.kext

Put into /S/L/E or L/E?

By the way, does Time Machine work on 10.11?

Thanks

I again, upgraded from El Capitan Public Beta to Public Beta 2. To put FakeSMC.kext into /L/E is of no use since the hack would not boot.

PS: Before reboot, I made these changes,

1.SIP fully disabled with value of 0x67

2.FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext were placed into /L/E

3.Permission was repaired, but cache was not rebuilded.

So in the single user mode I run the following command,

Code:
mount -uw /
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount_msdos /dev/disk*s* /Volumes/EFI
cp -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
exit

And after that I could boot into desktop. So I guess the kexts placed into /L/E will not be loaded.

Thanks for everyone of Tonymacx. I made it that I am with El Capitan Public Beta 4.

What different from Public Beta 1 include,

1.SIP disabled with parameter of CsrActiveConfig=0x67. You must add it via system editor or whatever except the Clover Configurator which is too old to configure this parameter.

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

2.Place FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext into /S/L/E folder, and then repair permission and rebuild cache.

3.Post-upgrade procedures, to run @toleda's latest script for audio - audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0d.command

I hope my experience would be helpful for those who want to install El Capitan Public Beta 4.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back