Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Generally speaking, Apple seemed to be covered fairly well with respect to USB 3.0 on Ivy Bridge based hardware. Adding third party controller support doesn't really make much sense unless they were trying to add comparable support on an upcoming platform that would have no native USB 3.0 support such as the X79 / C606,……

Another possibility is a new peripheral with USB 3.0 ports. Like an updated thunderbolt display...

g\

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

"Wrong generation board, but technically, it should work if you update the Renesas firmware. You need a bootable USB flash drive and this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/911286/NEC_3028_FW.zip which is the latest firmware available."

Thanks thelostswede! sorry to be off topic! missed the fact this is about 7 series boards. whoops

tried all that - still does not work though :(

shows up in system profile but fails to find drive and bricks wake from sleep.

Appreciate you trying to help though.

I can confirm.. USB 3.0 is now working with the Fresco FL1009 on my[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] GA-H61N-USB3[/FONT]

Both the Intel (rear) and VIA VL810 (from MB header) USB 3.0 ports on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH are working just fine under 10.8.2. Can't speak to 10.8 or 10.8.1 as I did not have a USB 3.0 storage device until just a few days ago.

-bth

Deleted PXHCD.kext and is working just fine on GA-P67A-D3-B3.

Deleted PXHCD.kext and is working just fine on GA-P67A-D3-B3.

Wait, you are saying that the native 10.8.2 drivers are working on your etron controller? are you sure of this??
- no Caldigit drivers installed from multibeast or elsewhere?
- no PXHCD left in your boot caches?

If this is the case it would be great news. My understanding is that the native drivers were not working with Etron.
g\

My USB 3.0 ports still are not recognized, I have a Gigabyte z77x UD3H.

VIA 3.0 usb will never work i guess

I figured out that the Orinico brand card works, but you have to plug it in. I was about to RMA it when I decided to try to plug it in and everything works, it even recognizes my usb 3.0 hub built into my samsung monitor No additional software, nothing except 10.8.2 (this is on a Mac 3,1)!

Now I have to figure out how to get a four pin molex in the Mac Pro's bottom section :banghead:

Orico PFU3-2P (FL009) PCI card works native on Gigabyte P55-UD3R, even shows Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back