Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11 El Capitan setup guide for ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99 Haswell-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hans! I still have two problems.

1) I back (Delete all old ssdt and dsdt. Code that you provide with ssdPRGen with " - " symbol mistakes. I manually retype code and get all ssdt's and dsdt. Also your links are broken. but I search instructions with google [ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...stallation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/ ] ).
I finish DSDT editing - It is WORKING!
But when I put edited dsdt from "ssdtPRGen.sh" in "patched" folder in clover I get kernel panic on boot on start:

Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x***************): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

Maybe some flags need to disable in DSDT mask fix in clover?
Otherwise I still use Clover generated and edited DSDT and all works fine

2) My bluetooth search\airdrop not working. It is fully installed, but my iphone and galaxy s4 not find computer

There is system report:

upload_2016-6-20_13-58-26.png

upload_2016-6-20_13-59-44.png

Да=Yes

THANK YOU FOR FUTURE ANSWER!)

Last edited:

1) I back (Delete all old ssdt and dsdt. Code that you provide with ssdPRGen with " - " symbol mistakes. I manually retype code and get all ssdt's and dsdt. Also your links are broken. but I search instructions with google [ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...stallation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/ ] ).
I finish DSDT editing
But when I put it in "patched" folder in clover I get kernel panic on boot on start:

Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x***************): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp

2) My bluetooth search\airdrop not working. It is fully installed, but my iphone and galaxy s4 not find computer

There is system report:

View attachment 200246

View attachment 200248

Да=Yes

The problem with Bluetooth is that it is being introduced into the wrong folder EFI kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can not be placed within EFI must go S/L/E or BrcmFirmwareData.kext place if you can go inside the kext and EFI folder.

You need to place these 2 kext in EFI
-BrcmFirmwareData.kext
-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

More information in https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
Sorry for my English!!!

I finish DSDT editing - It is WORKING!
But when I put edited dsdt from "ssdtPRGen.sh" in "patched" folder in clover I get kernel panic on boot on start:

Code:

Otherwise I still use Clover generated and edited DSDT and all works fine

There is system report:

View attachment 200246

View attachment 200248

Да=Yes

Yeah the links are broken and I'm having an issue to correct this. It is because of the website's upgrade. I have already sent the moderator a mail about this.

If you want me to be able to help you, generate this system report in English language. I don't understand what is written in the report. Secondly, don't worry about the DSDT. Actually, I think there is a slight malfunction with PikerAlpha's tool. Despite being longly against providing or using generated DSDT or SSDT's from someone else system, I think that we have no better alternative left for now. I will update my sets of SSDT's as soon as I can. But you will still need to generate your own DSDT.

The problem with Bluetooth is that it is being introduced into the wrong folder EFI kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can not be placed within EFI must go S/L/E or BrcmFirmwareData.kext place if you can go inside the kext and EFI folder.

You need to place these 2 kext in EFI
-BrcmFirmwareData.kext
-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

More information in https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
Sorry for my English!!!

Thanks Xavi for pointing this out. Yes, in fact I have made an error in the guide, I will correct it as soon as possible. However, I still maintain that even doing it the other way doesn't really affect anything. I am using it the way I posted and it works! Both Airdrop and HandOff! But you guys should follow the way RehabMan instructed.

Last edited:
Guys, lol. Handoff not worked because my antenna is disconnect somehow in time my manipulations! When I connect antenna, all BT futures WORKS!

AppleHDA works perfectly with sleeping mode.:

-I clean old kexts
- revert changes after hda scripts and voodooHDA.kext modifications
- turn off clover inject audio, install provided kext AppleHDA
- turn on inject with 1 and it is work)

Now I have problem instant wakeup with connected PSU sensor Corsair Link:

Root Hub Simulation Simulation@14000000
IOUSBRootHubDevice : IOUSBHubDevice : IOUSBDevice : IOUSBNub : IOService : IORegistryEntry : OSObject
idVendor 0x1b1c
idProduct 0x1c07 (corsair memory)
LocationID 0x14b00000 usb

Hans, I make DSDT all ways, but not find any string include any id to delete
section containing this device.

Do you know some way to disable single usb port without bios?

All other WORKING FINE without connected PSU! It is victory)

See checklist here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/o...reme-x99-haswell-e.188171/page-4#post-1265194

Last edited:
Hans, wait answer for PSU corsair link sleep fix.
Second question: How can I install MAC OS on NVMe in future? If I buy SSD 512ГБ, M.2, PCIe 3.0, Samsung 950 PRO Series, can I clone MACOS from my HDD to NVMe with your dsdt.aml nvme FIX and boot normally?
And is it normally to restore system to new hdd installed macos from usb hdd time machine if old hdd die?

Last edited:
Second question: How can I install MAC OS on NVMe in future? If I buy SSD 512ГБ, M.2, PCIe 3.0, Samsung 950 PRO Series, can I clone MACOS from my HDD to NVMe with your dsdt.aml nvme FIX and boot normally?
And is it normally to restore system to new hdd installed macos from usb hdd time machine if old hdd die?
Hello friends!

I am currently working on solving this problem with very good progress, because now I have my power supply corsair link and my water pump with corsair link too, I'm conducting tests to ensure that everything works as it should do, is not whether Hans also He works at it, but the more people make faster and better solutions will have on our motherboard.

Maybe they could help me to make some evidence regarding MSR 0xE2 in our Motherboard? change Bumper kernelpm not be doing his job.

Patched UEFIBios possible solutions ...

Guys, lol. Handoff not worked because my antenna is disconnect somehow in time my manipulations! When I connect antenna, all BT futures WORKS!

AppleHDA works perfectly with sleeping mode.:

-I clean old kexts
- revert changes after hda scripts and voodooHDA.kext modifications
- turn off clover inject audio, install provided kext AppleHDA
- turn on inject with 1 and it is work)

Now I have problem instant wakeup with connected PSU sensor Corsair Link:

Hans, I make DSDT all ways, but not find any string include any id to delete
section containing this device.

Do you know some way to disable single usb port without bios?

All other WORKING FINE without connected PSU! It is victory)

See checklist here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/o...reme-x99-haswell-e.188171/page-4#post-1265194

I don't get it why you've complicated your issue with VoodooHDA and don't even know how you landed there. Anyway, as long as it works, it's OK!

You won't find the device's friendly name listed in the DSDT itself. Boot in OS X with your Corsair device plugged in. In OS X open the IORegistryExplorer.app and search for that corsair device and take note of the device's path. Open a copy of your DSDT.dsl and erase the whole section of this device only and compile back again. Compile the .aml version as well and test.

I don't recommend using NVMe for OS X at the moment. It's driver is very unstable...reboot on shutdown...takes time to wake and many various issues. My fix was intended for people who are using windows on NVMe like me. I have the 950Pro as well and for windows it's great! Try to search on the net, I think there are some other models believed to work.

New BIOS update released by asus, is RAMPAGE V EXTREME BIOS 3202.

I will work on this new BIOS and DSDTs issues and see how it behaves with the new fixes.

Hello friends!

I am currently working on solving this problem with very good progress, because now I have my power supply corsair link and my water pump with corsair link too, I'm conducting tests to ensure that everything works as it should do, is not whether Hans also He works at it, but the more people make faster and better solutions will have on our motherboard.

Maybe they could help me to make some evidence regarding MSR 0xE2 in our Motherboard? change Bumper kernelpm not be doing his job.

Patched UEFIBios possible solutions ...

Thanks Xavi for trying the new BIOS. Test it and let us know how it works. Ultimately, on my behalf, please check if the speed steps reports correctly in OS X and that the CPU is not stuck as 3.5 Ghz. The Intel gadget tool will be of great help.

For the USB issue, as we are using RehabMan's kext, I think somewhere he showed how to disable specific ports by including specific flags in boot arguments. Free time is quite challenging at the moment between Euro, Copa America and my own work :crazy::). I will search for that and will let you guys know if it works!

By the way, I think by this time MSR 0xE2 should already be opened? If the BIOS is able to send the correct frequencies to the OS, MSR 0xE2 shouldn't be an issue.

Hello!

Here with new news and developments, problems with Corsair link are solved by disabling specific ports, the new BIOS seems to solve the random reboots that were also on Windows OS and therefore in MAC OSX too, which believed it was something with my settings and DSDTs but I think Asus BIOS problem was.

I think that Hans has done an excellent guide, which has been an inspiration and comparison in the proceedings. Hans credits for this.
But nevertheless I have done different methods in my installation, the installation of kexts has not been necessary. (Only 1 kext in L/E). This is almost 100% Vanilla MacOSX instalation.

-100% working USB ports (By correct injection and specify for each port) and not generally injection.
-Sleep, Turbo, SpeedStep, 100% working. (Fixed Corsair Links Problems).
-High definition HDMI and Intel (ALC1150) Audio, 100% working, even after sleep.
-WiFi, Bluetooth, Airport, Continuity, 100% working, (5Ghz included).
-DSDT fixed for a performance almost as a real mac.
-NVMe working (working on this for better performance).
and many other things that I'm still trying and working.

Possibly make a new Guide 2.0 (My own guide) for installing Mac OSX on Asus Rampage V Extreme (Installation of El Capitan included), or specify the procedures in comments like these.

Thank you and I'm still working, soon the final results, I have very little time too, but eager to contribute and help when I can.

See you soon.

155902-c3a9c069574d2d9c00e80498bc02e1c8.jpg

155903-b68e96cb1ad77127b4a67fe621ea6da8.jpg

155904-35e9540b9bb7e9826144e53f65469ce7.jpg

155905-8ae7e16161df20acc83673aa58c6a76d.jpg

Attachments

• Sonido2.png
    Sonido2.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 213
  • USB.png
    USB.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 226