Contribute
Register

OpenCore Big Sur does not get to the installer

I don't think I converted it to APFS, but I did change it to GUID.

EDIT: Attached log file.
Please delete Kernel/Add/Item10, it is a kext for my RX460 that I have not included in EFI.

ADD:
I think the SSD/HDD cannot be read.
Since UEFI/APFS is set for BigSur, please format it with APFS & GUDI and try installing again.

Last edited:
I tried to hackintosh my HP few days ago, but when booting the installer from the usb, I never got to the installer and got some error like: RT.GV wake-failure.
My specs are,
CPU: i5-4590s (Haswell)
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 18E6

I have attached the OpenCore log file and my config.plist.
Hello,
Does your system also have an additional (AMD) graphics card ?
If yes, why didn't you tell it here ? ( In this case, you could select this "dGPU" as the main video card and use a SMBIOS iMac15,1 )

Cheers :)

Please delete Kernel/Add/Item10, it is a kext for my RX460 that I have not included in EFI.

ADD:
I think the SSD/HDD cannot be read.
Since UEFI/APFS is set for BigSur, please format it with APFS & GUDI and try installing again.
I reformatted the SSD to APFS, and now it works. Thank you so much!

I reformatted the SSD to APFS, and now it works. Thank you so much!
Nevermind, I got to the first boot, but it shuts off. I have attached a log file, as with my config.plist file.
It might be something to do with AppleSMC, as I saw the name right before it shut off.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-29-225002.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • config.plist
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
Nevermind, I got to the first boot, but it shuts off. I have attached a log file, as with my config.plist file.
It might be something to do with AppleSMC, as I saw the name right before it shut off.
If the display is normal with the value of AAPL,ig-platform-id, the settings of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) will be as follows.
Please correct PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) and boot the SSD from USB to check.
Modifie.png

I also updated the BIOS to v02.71, thank you.

If the display is normal with the value of AAPL,ig-platform-id, the settings of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) will be as follows.
Please correct PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) and boot the SSD from USB to check.
View attachment 582005
I also updated the BIOS to v02.71, thank you.
This fixed my problem, thank you so much. All I need to do now is to get the drivers for audio and wifi, then get a better ID for the graphics, as it's choppy and kinda buggy.

I believe the format of your AAPL,ig-platform-id is incorrect.

You need to reverse the byte order.

Edit: Okay I see you have fixed the problem now. Ignore.

This fixed my problem, thank you so much. All I need to do now is to get the drivers for audio and wifi, then get a better ID for the graphics, as it's choppy and kinda buggy.
Regarding AppleALC, selectable IDs are listed here, but it seems to be 15 instead of 11, so I'll check it as well.
I can't answer about Wifi as I don't use it.

ADD;
I forgot to mention where to set layoutID.
DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)/layout-id is currently 11, so try 15 or 88.

Last edited:
Regarding AppleALC, selectable IDs are listed here, but it seems to be 15 instead of 11, so I'll check it as well.
I can't answer about Wifi as I don't use it.

ADD;
I forgot to mention where to set layoutID.
DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)/layout-id is currently 11, so try 15 or 88.
15 does make it recognize the audio, but there's no sound.

15 does make it recognize the audio, but there's no sound.
I checked "Audio CODEC dump" and found that the layoutID for HP 800 G1 TWR did not exist.
In my case, he could not output speaker output because the NodeIDs were almost the same, but he was able to use layoutID = 11.

The question is, ``So what should we do?'' In order of likelihood of success:
1. Since I know that Apple ALC can be used, I created my own Layout according to this guide.
2. Refer to this post and try to see if it works with VoodooHDA 3.0.2.
3. Try discussing it in another thread.

I don't think there's anything I can do to help you anymore.
EDIT:
I created an AppleALC for my HP 800 G1 TWR, so try it with layoutID = 12.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.9.0-DEBUG.zip
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AppleALC-1.9.0-RELEASE.zip
    270.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back