Contribute
Register

OpenCore 0.6.9 to 0.9.6 is it possible directly?

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3 8109U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi

On a laptop I'm on version 0.6.9 and now the latest version is 0.9.6

Can I try to install directly the latest one, following all the changes I have to do in the config.plist and eventually in other configuration files or should I install each version from 0.6.9 to latest one ?

Thanks

Hi

On a laptop I'm on version 0.6.9 and now the latest version is 0.9.6

Can I try to install directly the latest one, following all the changes I have to do in the config.plist and eventually in other configuration files or should I install each version from 0.6.9 to latest one ?

Thanks

Hi there

The safest way might be to create a bootable USB stick with your new, test, EFI folder for 0.9.6 on it. Once you have updated the core components and run your config.plist through the ocvalidate app, try booting with it. If there are any problems you can always boot your PC using the original EFI on the main drive. If there are no problems, you've done the job.

:)

Hi there

The safest way might be to create a bootable USB stick with your new, test, EFI folder for 0.9.6 on it. Once you have updated the core components and run your config.plist through the ocvalidate app, try booting with it. If there are any problems you can always boot your PC using the original EFI on the main drive. If there are no problems, you've done the job.

Thanks @UtterDisbelief

Have you've ever heard of a tool called OC Auxiliary Tools that should the update automatically ?

It seems to be very easy, probably too much.

Thanks

Thanks @UtterDisbelief

Have you've ever heard of a tool called OC Auxiliary Tools that should the update automatically ?

Thanks

Yes, I have. A lot of people use it.

I would still test the new EFI on a bootable USB stick just to make sure nothing untoward happens, exactly because you are making such a large jump from 0.6.9 to 0.9.6.

You can always put your original EFI on the USB stick, boot from it, then let OCAT update that. You know then that the original on the main drive is safe.

Which ever way you are happiest with.

Last edited:
Thanks @UtterDisbelief

Thanks

Works like a charm. I'm using it like forever now. With several builds. Here a screenshot:

Back