Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

mac977 said:
The video card is fine. I was able to fire up steam for mac and play some half life 2 with no problems. I can boot just fine if I have the ram in the white slots and everything works perfectly except for "recovering lost dram" issue after it posts and then it reboots 3 or 4 times before it will start OS X. The bios will only see 2 gigs less ram than what I have but OS X will see all 6gb. So when I changed the ram and to the blue slots, then it wont post anything at all. I do have the the other power connector plugged in (next to the cpu). I guess it wont hurt to unplug and plug it back in again to see what happens.

Yeah I'm having the same
Recovering lost dram
Restarts 3 times, on the 4th it works.

I have 3 modules of 4gb Corsair XMX3 DDR3 for a total of 12GB

Edit: I should add that the system seemed to be running fine w/o the "Recovering Lost Dram" problem when I only had 4gb in the 1st slot, but after I added the other 2 sticks in slots 3 and 5 (per instructions from the motherboard) i get the restarts.

Bios says I only have 8GB ram installed

Edit2: Fixed the problem. Ram wasn't fully connected. Stupid mistake... but at least that solved that. I guess to others with this problem to check your ram, and reconnect them. Worked for me

Just wanted to THANK the hard working crew for help with my build. EVERYTHING including my PNY NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and my 24 Gigs of RAM, Digital audio and Networking is working PERFECTLY. With a little tweaking in MultiBeast and some general discoveries on other sites, the Crew here has gone beyond expectations. THANK YOU TonyMac and the rest of the incredibly intelligent Human Beings for your support and knowledge! The world IS a better place because of YOU!!!

Mr. Bahoovy VI

JOEBAHOOVY6 said:
Just wanted to THANK the hard working crew for help with my build. EVERYTHING including my PNY NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and my 24 Gigs of RAM, Digital audio and Networking is working PERFECTLY. With a little tweaking in MultiBeast and some general discoveries on other sites, the Crew here has gone beyond expectations. THANK YOU TonyMac and the rest of the incredibly intelligent Human Beings for your support and knowledge! The world IS a better place because of YOU!!!

Mr. Bahoovy VI

Can you post which IBoot and Multibeast you use and what features you enable in the multibeast. thanks

I successfully installed Leopard on my X58A-UD3R rev2.0 last night following your guide, thanks a lot for all the work about it, amazing guide.
One question (maybe it was answered earlier in this thread but i can't read 72 pages...) does SATA3 ports work in leopard ? I installed OSX on a c300 ssd drive connected on Sata0 but can i plug the ssd on a Sata3 port now ? (C300 is Sata3 complant)

thanks

SoundSquare said:
I successfully installed Leopard on my X58A-UD3R rev2.0 last night following your guide, thanks a lot for all the work about it, amazing guide.
One question (maybe it was answered earlier in this thread but i can't read 72 pages...) does SATA3 ports work in leopard ? I installed OSX on a c300 ssd drive connected on Sata0 but can i plug the ssd on a Sata3 port now ? (C300 is Sata3 complant)

thanks

6GB/s SATA is not supported in OSX at full speed - only backwards compatible.

You can use the ports if you install Jmicron kext

alright,thanks for the information.

SoundSquare said:

alright,thanks for the information.

Apologies - I should double check my comments before I post:
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3449#sp
South Bridge:
6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices

Marvell 9128 chip:
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7) supporting up to 2 SATA 6Gb/s devices

GIGABYTE SATA2 chip:
1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-133/100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
2 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (GSATA2_8, GSATA2_9) supporting up to 2 SATA 3Gb/s devices

JMicron JMB362 chip:
2 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors (eSATA/USB Combo) on the back panel supporting up to 2 SATA 3Gb/s devices

JMicron does not control the 6Gb/s ports - Marvell chip does.

Hi Everybody,

Are the any suggestions about how to add one more ATI video card (the same) to my computer, so I will be able to have 3+ monitors? Are there any problems with that on exactly the same setup? How about CrossFire support?

Also what about 10.6.7 update? What is the best way to do that (If it does make sense to do at all)?

Please give any instructions/suggestions/ideas/problems

Thanks.

Please go to the latest CustoMac thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back