Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you upgrade your H67N-USB3 to ML and if so did you have any problems?

i've accomplished upgrade mostly.everything works for me (usb3 and sleep not tested yet)

i downloaded chameleon r2035, made bootable usb (restore basesystem.dmg + copy packages + install bootloader).

extra was copied from Lion and is still placed in system's root directory.
my dsdt has macmini's 5.1 IDG0 params, and HDEF with HDMI support hardcoded since Lion.
updated audio kext for alc889 from toleda (same effect as with macman's one i had under Lion).

macmini h67 upgrade to ML

I recently upgraded my macmini up to Mountain lion and have experienced a little instability as well, it crashed once in the last 24 hours when i was watching an embedded video. I also noticed a little artifacting which i didnt have on 10.7.4 after installing that fan control app but that seems to be gone since i reinstalled the app on mountain lion.

Help

I Just purchased my Hack Mini 2011 with Intel core i3 with 3000 HD graphics, and i need some help with my bios and how i can install mountain lion and after all the multibeast setup and upgrading my dsdt.
Thanks please get back to me

I recently upgraded my macmini up to Mountain lion and have experienced a little instability as well, it crashed once in the last 24 hours when i was watching an embedded video. I also noticed a little artifacting which i didnt have on 10.7.4 after installing that fan control app but that seems to be gone since i reinstalled the app on mountain lion.

Are you using the H67 or the H61 board and are you still having the problem since installing the fan app?

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

Thanks and one question will i be able to boot up with unibeast or will i have to make a mountian loin install dvd and boot with iboot?

I am using the h67 board and there does appear to be some artifacting although not that much (happened 1 time today). Overall 10.8 seems slightly buggier than 10.7.4 but I a thinking that is more a function of programs running that probably need updates for the new operating system.

Thanks and one question will i be able to boot up with unibeast or will i have to make a mountian loin install dvd and boot with iboot?

As far as I know you cannot use a DVD to install ML, I know you can burn it to a DVD that will work in a real mac but I have never been able to get it to work on a hackintosh at least Lion would not install off of a DVD I made using iboot or rboot and I know the DVD was good because it worked fine in my real mac. You should be able to boot with unibeast but I have never done it I used xmove and the worked great for me, but that was also Lion not ML.

I am using the h67 board and there does appear to be some artifacting although not that much (happened 1 time today). Overall 10.8 seems slightly buggier than 10.7.4 but I a thinking that is more a function of programs running that probably need updates for the new operating system.

Buggier, how so crashing? Did you do a clean install or install over the top of Lion?

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back