Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bhogsett said:

1) Are you using HD 3000?

2) If your using HD 3000, change HDMI port to other one.

3) You need Mac Mini definition for HD 3000 to work properly.

:beachball:

Thanks very much, the support here is great.

1. Yes, I am using the HD 3000 built into the Intel CPU.

2. Please tell me how to change the HDMI port.

3. Where do I get the Mac Mini definition?

Thanks, I really hope that with these answers I can get this fixed.

Bill[/quote]

Use the HDMI under the VGA port
MacMini system definition is in Multibeast.

Re: Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Help/Discussion Thread

blueking said:
2 questions, which have been bolded.

I have been following this somewhat, perhaps I missed something.

How do you have line in working?

We have a hd 3000 setup as well, and we technically have the line in working, but you have to yell into the mic to be able to hear what sounds like a whisper. Can this be fixed?

Also, how do you not need to edit appleintelsnbgraphicsFB.kext? Don't you have to make changes to enable HDMI audio and VGA and whatever else?

Thanks for your help, you've already been very helpful in our 4530s project so far.
blueking,

Line In is easy on a desktop system with an ALC889, It has its own pin (node 26 dec/1a hex), the layout is the same as the other inputs and it has a dedicated pathmap. You can try adding the boost parameter to the pathmap (I use Boost=3) to increase the volume.

In 10.7.2, no edits to the framebuffer are required when the HDMI device is plugged into the second HDMI connector (under the USB ports). In the earlier releases of Lion, using the second HDMI connector resulted in the "main graphics Engine hang". The patch moved the HDMI connector in the frame buffer to the first HDMI port providing an error free boot and HDMI audio. The Tuneup Kit is only intended for enabling HD3000 HDMI audio, consequently, VGA functionality is not included.

Thanks for the good word.

toleda said:
blueking said:
2 questions, which have been bolded.

I have been following this somewhat, perhaps I missed something.

How do you have line in working?

We have a hd 3000 setup as well, and we technically have the line in working, but you have to yell into the mic to be able to hear what sounds like a whisper. Can this be fixed?

Also, how do you not need to edit appleintelsnbgraphicsFB.kext? Don't you have to make changes to enable HDMI audio and VGA and whatever else?

Thanks for your help, you've already been very helpful in our 4530s project so far.
blueking,

Line In is easy on a desktop system with an ALC889, It has its own pin (node 26 dec/1a hex), the layout is the same as the other inputs and it has a dedicated pathmap. You can try adding the boost parameter to the pathmap (I use Boost=3) to increase the volume.

In 10.7.2, no edits to the framebuffer are required when the HDMI device is plugged into the second HDMI connector (under the USB ports). In the earlier releases of Lion, using the second HDMI connector resulted in the "main graphics Engine hang". The patch moved the HDMI connector in the frame buffer to the first HDMI port providing an error free boot and HDMI audio. The Tuneup Kit is only intended for enabling HD3000 HDMI audio, consequently, VGA functionality is not included.

Thanks for the good word.

Alright thanks for the tip, hopefully that will benefit us.

And so does HDMI and HDMI Audio work natively with the kext?

blueking said:
Alright thanks for the tip, hopefully that will benefit us.

And so does HDMI and HDMI Audio work natively with the kext?
in 10.7.2. with macmini5,1, correct dsdt and AppleHDA.kext edits, HDMI and HDMI audio works with the native AISNBGFB.kext for both the H67N and H61N motherboards. For macpro8,1, an edit is required.

Gotcha. Is there any way to boost the volume of our mic so we can actually hear it?

BigDonkey said he'd tried the boost and it didn't help.

Will this CustoMac Mini 2011 work?

Been reading this forum and site for about a year now, and I finally decided to make the step.
This is my first post, and my first hackintosh. I decided to go for the Customac mini 2011, since I need a fast, small, media server in my living room. Will this setup work?

1. CASE: SuperCase MI-008 mini-ITX kabinett med 250W PSU (MI-008)
2. PROCESSOR/GRAPHICS: INTEL Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad Core Processor LGA1155, 850MHz GPU, 8MB Smart Cache, Unlocked, Boxed (BX80623I72600K)
3. MAINBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Socket-1155 mini-ITX, H67, DDR3, 1xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, VGA, DVI, HDMI (GA-H67N-USB3-B3)
4. MEMORY: KINGSTON 8GB 1333MHZ DDR3 NON-ECC CL9 DIMM KIT2 B (KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G)
5. OPTICAL DRIVE: SAMSUNG DVD+/-RW 16x BD-R12x SATA (Bluray Combo drive)
6. Two 1 TB seagate HD (I have them laying around, I see there are room for two in the case)

Sinc
Lars from Norway

Re: Will this CustoMac Mini 2011 work?

slarsah said:
Been reading this forum and site for about a year now, and I finally decided to make the step.
This is my first post, and my first hackintosh. I decided to go for the Customac mini 2011, since I need a fast, small, media server in my living room. Will this setup work?

2. PROCESSOR/GRAPHICS: INTEL Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad Core Processor LGA1155, 850MHz GPU, 8MB Smart Cache, Unlocked, Boxed (BX80623I72600K)
3. MAINBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Socket-1155 mini-ITX, H67, DDR3, 1xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, VGA, DVI, HDMI (GA-H67N-USB3-B3)
4. MEMORY: KINGSTON 8GB 1333MHZ DDR3 NON-ECC CL9 DIMM KIT2 B (KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G)
6. Two 1 TB seagate HD (I have them laying around, I see there are room for two in the case)

Sinc
Lars from Norway

The optical drive... look for in the forum there's LG Blu-ray drives that works. That Samsung won't.

slarsah said:

Sinc
Lars from Norway
I suspect the power supply is not enough for an i7.
On the other hand, you will have cooling problems.
Go for sugo05 400W or better case.

santitf said:
slarsah said:

Sinc
Lars from Norway
I suspect the power supply is not enough for an i7.
On the other hand, you will have cooling problems.
Go for sugo05 400W or better case.

Don't be silly, 250W is enough for the 2600K. This build with an HD6850 use only 250W.
Heating problems... don't use the boxed fan and done.

slarsah said:

Sinc
Lars from Norway
How are you going to cool the processor in that case? I have a Thermalright AXP-140 in a Silverstone SG-07 for my 2600K to get acceptable temperatures. Try less processor or more case for a successful first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back