Contribute
Register

NVRAM for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.

I don't know how well you know about OS/ Boot loader. But for me I spent about 3 hrs to learn Clover from the ground up, installation, and configuration.

IMHO, I think Clover is the long term way to go, as it doesn't temper the kext (TRIM, for example), it amends the IOAHCIFamily.kext on the fly, and TRIM is enabled straight away.

Most importantly, the NVRAM issue seems to be working on my motherboard. And iMessage and Facetime just works with Clover.

However, having said that, every person has different approach in solving their own hackintosh problem. I am just sharing my own experience with my system.

Well.

I don't know how well you know about OS/ Boot loader. But for me I spent about 3 hrs to learn Clover from the ground up, installation, and configuration.

IMHO, I think Clover is the long term way to go, as it doesn't temper the kext (TRIM, for example), it amends the IOAHCIFamily.kext on the fly, and TRIM is enabled straight away.

Most importantly, the NVRAM issue seems to be working on my motherboard. And iMessage and Facetime just works with Clover.

However, having said that, every person has different approach in solving their own hackintosh problem. I am just sharing my own experience with my system.

You're right. Chimera/chameleon is just easier.

I just updated from chimera to clover and have everything configured in less than 20 minutes including iMessage, ssdt and all the boot options required. I did have the yosemite beta and had to learn clover while I was installing it, back in the first DP.

Once you know it, it's straight forward but it has a learning curve. I am booting EFI with clover, something that I couldn't do with chimera.

I still prefer chimera due to the simplicity it provides. It was my first choice and if filenvram was working that is what I would be using. I am really surprised at how easy it was to move from chimera to clover without reinstalling the OS or any kexts. As long as everything was configured in chimera with multibeast, the process is painless.

What took me longer was to configure all the iMessage details (machine serials and so on) exactly like I had before as to not introduced a different device to authentication due to a different serial or mlb/rom.

All in all I'm content, now i just need to receive my apple wifi/bt card and thats me for another year.

I might make a straight tutorial of the process of updating from chimera to clover if anyone wants one?

I just updated from chimera to clover and have everything configured in less than 20 minutes including iMessage, ssdt and all the boot options required. I did have the yosemite beta and had to learn clover while I was installing it, back in the first DP.

Once you know it, it's straight forward but it has a learning curve. I am booting EFI with clover, something that I couldn't do with chimera.

I still prefer chimera due to the simplicity it provides. It was my first choice and if filenvram was working that is what I would be using. I am really surprised at how easy it was to move from chimera to clover without reinstalling the OS or any kexts. As long as everything was configured in chimera with multibeast, the process is painless.

What took me longer was to configure all the iMessage details (machine serials and so on) exactly like I had before as to not introduced a different device to authentication due to a different serial or mlb/rom.

All in all I'm content, now i just need to receive my apple wifi/bt card and thats me for another year.

I might make a straight tutorial of the process of updating from chimera to clover if anyone wants one?

That would be great if you could do that.
My install works fine except for iMessage, so if there is an easy way to switch to clover without reinstalling the OS I think I will do it. If Clover is the long term answer, I guess I might as well make the move now.

Len

There was a thread explaining how to do it but I can't find it. I would give it a go. What i don't know is if iMessage will still remain signed after reboot. It would be nice though. I find it strange that no one suggested it, making me think that it won't work.

This is essentially what I was doing and going to explain how to do in Mavericks. I tested it in Yosemite and it does not work as Chimera won't hold MLB and ROM values. Messages needs these to even start.

I have a full install of Yosemite with unibeast and Multibeast, definitely the easiest install process. I have clover as a boot loader on a USB stick temporarily holding my real iMac ROM/MLB so I can log into iMessages until Chimera gets NVRAM working again.

So, no it doesn't work, atleast not for me. tried it already.

Yes please!

I have called Apple Support (customer-code) to unlock my iMessage.

Are there additional todo´s in Clover-Config that iMessages works?
iMessage LogIn is working now, but sending and receiving messages not :(

here my questition with Screenshots:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...t-imessages-still-not-working.html#post895191

Ok, I'll try and do it later on today. It will only be a basic thing on the update process, not to get iMessage working as that will take me too long and most of the details in the smbios are blacklisted. You will need to find some that work.

Clover has a lot to learn but if you have it installed you can play with it. I would advise anyone to have a backup before doing it.

not to get iMessage working as that will take me too long and most of the details in the smbios are blacklisted.

So there are "details" in Clover to put an "unlocked" iMessage to work in Yosemite???
It is not that "works out of the box with clover" thing always mentioned ?

So there are "details" in Clover to put an "unlocked" iMessage to work in Yosemite???
It is not that "works out of the box with clover" thing always mentioned ?

No, the details are for the login only. If you can't send messages maybe there is an outage where you are. check iMessage outages in your country

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Also reboot and maybe logout and back in. It is also possible that you are using blacklisted details but I don't think thats the reason. Ideally you should be using a real serial number

No, the details are for the login only. If you can't send messages maybe there is an outage where you are. check iMessage outages in your country

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Also reboot and maybe logout and back in. It is also possible that you are using blacklisted details but I don't think thats the reason. Ideally you should be using a real serial number

hi,

thanks for reply!
no outages in germany :)
All the iPhones, iPads and real Macs are doing fine with my apple ID and iMessages.

Should i put the serial from my real Mac-Pro into Clover via Clover-Configurator? Can this be used twice at the same time?

thanks for advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back