Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11 Beta (346.03.01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a msi gtx750, core i5-2410, gigabyte z68ap-d3, 4gb kingston hyperX. Im using latest clover. In yosemite, web drivers worked like a charm. On El capitan, driver installs and when booting i see NVDAGM100HAL loaded and registred, and i've got black screen (no signal).
Tried different smbios and editing AppleDisplay kexts. Also tryed ncspci=0x2000 (0x3000), in graphics menu nothing injects. I've read many threads and have no luck to get it works. Maby anyone have same problem on 10.11?

NOTE: In addition to setting nvda_drv=1 to NVRAM, as required by real Macs, NVIDIA now adds nvda_drv=1 kernel flag to /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist automatically. There are no additional steps to take.

They support Hackintoshes now? Hopefully, they will add SLI one day

Does the latest web driver actually work with El Cap GM RC1? Can anyone verify that it works?

It does if you edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext Info.plist file NVDARequiredOS section 15A to 15B.

It does if you edit the NVDAStartupWeb.kext Info.plist file NVDARequiredOS section 15A to 15B.
For future reference: how can I figure out which value to set for NVDARequiredOS? I'm assuming it corresponds to a value that I can find somewhere in system information.

For future reference: how can I figure out which value to set for NVDARequiredOS? I'm assuming it corresponds to a value that I can find somewhere in system information.

Oh My God, I can finally answer one!

If you click the little apple icon on the top menu and go to "About this Mac", You'll get a popup that says the osx name, version, etc.

If you'll click the version number, you'll get another version/build string. This is the number I think he's referring to.

So a simple change of OS Version string and driver is working again. Looking forward to release from NVIDIA. Always fast with driver support! Great!

Anyone tried to do this with a clover patch for kext? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back