Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8.0 -10.8.2 Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Doesn't look like the patched kext attached to the OP works in 10.8.2. I got everything installed and working great, but then made the mistake of upgrading to 10.8.2. ML KPs on normal boot and when I boot verbose without caches, it just hangs after everything is loaded (the GUI never loads). I can get the GUI to load by deleting the kext from /S/L/E and booting in safe mode.

Now I just need to find an unmodified copy of the 10.8.2 kext to patch it manually...

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

I modified the stock 10.8.2 kext and patched the Info.plist using instructions in the OP. After installation, my GT 610 worked again.

I've attached the modified kext.

Attachments

• NVDAGF100Hal.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,652
NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

I modified the stock 10.8.2 kext and patched the Info.plist using instructions in the OP. After installation, my GT 610 worked again.

I confirm, kext from 10.8 doesn't work in 10.8.2

Thanks you!
WHere did you find the instructon for patching?

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

I confirm, kext from 10.8 doesn't work in 10.8.2

Thanks you!
WHere did you find the instructon for patching?

The original post in this thread contains the instructions to patch the original kext. You just need to add the device ID for your card into Info.plist.

MSI GT610 fully working with qe/ci, mountain lion on dell optiplex 760

After long days and hours of trying to enable MSI GT610 on dell optiplex 760 Adding 104A (CAPITAL LETTER) to NVDAGF100Hal.kext info.plist, did the trick, but still no QE/CI
just full resolution and the card got recognized with it's correct ram amount.
after updating my bios to A13 from dell and using this View attachment fakesmc.rar
which was bundled here View attachment FakeSMC_r615.zip
enabled QE/CI.
still don't know what exactly made it work but hope it can help someone

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

ruktosk- I installed the provided modified kext for 10.8.2 while booted into normal mode with a 9800GTX (the only card I have that works OOB) installed the kext with kext helper b7, shut off the machine swaped the graphics card for the ASUS GT610-SL-1GD3-L, booted the machine backup and I instead of the stuck apple logo I get a solid black screen. Any ideas? Due I have to boot to some linux live cd and mount the drive and modify the info.plist or what ever? Any help would be awesome.

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Thank You - it works PERFECT!
This kext fixed my KP after updating to 10.8.2.

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.90GHz
Motherboard: Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
Memory: Kingston 12GB DDR3 1333MHz
VGA card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Intel 120 GB Internal Solid State Drive SSDSA2CW120G3
Display: Samsung SyncMaster B2430L

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Shayja- How did you install the updated kext if you could not boot into the OS? I have tried every way I know how and I cannot get in.

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Works perfectly with my PNY GT 610 (model VCGGT610XPB), including QE. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back