Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i replaced the FakeSMC that was installed by multibeast and installed the latest using kext utility and i think everything seems to work fine. But still will post back in a few hours. cheers

guys i replaced the FakeSMC that was installed by multibeast and installed the latest using kext utility and i think everything seems to work fine. But still will post back in a few hours. cheers

Could you post the link to it? :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this (if not please delete) but updating to 10.8.2 did not solve the issue for me either. However if I boot with the DSDT with my graphic card information it will not mess up the screen (with the weird colors and all) after waking up but my system will freeze instantly if I try to do anything. If I boot with an unedited DSDT it'll do the same thing with the messed up screen.

Same problem here on 9800gt. Graphic crashes and system is not responding to keyboard, but mouse still works. Checked console, it says NVDA OpenGL channel exception right at the instance that it crashed.

I have a theory. Based on the observation that my hackintosh won't go past the gray bootup screen unless it's been rebooted 5+ times (usually takes about 15min), I suspect the video card only works with ML at certain temperatures, say 40 degrees at least. As strange as it sounds, it needs a warmup and once it's warm it will go pass the gray screen so fast I can't even notice the brief gray screen. And yes, it gets stuck at the gray screen for the same reason, console says NVDA OpenGL channel exception.

Could this be caused by improper GPU management, like the change of g-state can cause this exception?

I've totally given up on nVidia, and ordered an ATi Radeon 5770. Hope that will not trigger the NVDA Open.... problem, because it seems the problem points to nVidia directly.

i have noticed that .. the graphic card isnt a problem..

the main thing is DSDT.aml file should be edited in order to boot the system properly....

well hope someone will come out with a solution...
PS: i noted that if i boot with lion multibeast my graphic card is showing 1536mb
but when i boot with mountain lion multibeast its showing 1056mb

hope tonymac comes up with a solution though.

I have observed one thing. If i install FakeSMC from Lion i.e the older versions i get very much frequent freezes but if i use the latest one the system freezes are there no doubt but they appear after a long time after system boot. Maybe what kdha200501 said is right. It might be related to temperature or fan control issues. And whenever the system freezes the gpu makes a high squeaking sound. And the interesting part is after i got my first freeze after installing the latest FakeSMC, when i booted up again and looked up in the console i got no NVDA exception or timeout errors. Weird!!

According the gathered information from nvidia, last geforce&quadro mac osx driver is
Version: 270.00.00f06
Release Date: 2012.05.10
Operating System: Mac OSX Lion 10.7.4
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 31.0 MB
An update for Mountain Lion 10.8.x is a matter of time, and nvidia will to preserve its place on market against ATI...on the other hand CUDA has ML support...
For now my GT430 doesn't work that bad, I know that it has some secondary limitations, like change screen resolution (I'm not changing resolution all the time), wake up hangs and some full creen apps like parallels desktop that has the coherence mode as temporary workaround...to get those issues solved there are two posibilities: wait for nvidia o wait for some genius to make nvidia work before them, otherwise a rollback to Lion is possible losing some ML extra features...

People, someone is saying he had fixed all our issues with these files for Nvidia GT 430, here his tutorial :
"Start with MacPro5,1 = kernel panic | solution = delete this AppleTyMCEDriver
And switching very very fast no freeze in tab switch for fast speed = delete this folder in System -- Library -- Extensions AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext"

Excuse me about my ignorance, which folder? what does this mean?

Big tks

Gts 450 - kernel panic. Tomorrow I will try again. Thank so much for hard work )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back