Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not managed to get the EVGA 550Ti working at all with the Z77X-UD5H. Crashes on boot. Seems this card is definitely not compatible with ML at the moment. I get the attached screen.

EDIT: Got it running using this method: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...861-success-ga-z77-d3h-i5-3750k-ga-550ti.html
Seems ok, other than playing video in iTunes, fullscreen, which locks the system up. HD4000 didn't do that. Wake wasn't working before for me, so no change there.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    817.1 KB · Views: 662
Check this out, I noticed it recognizes another nVidia device with the same vendor ID as my GPU..

Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• 550.tiff
    56.8 KB · Views: 508
Check this out, I noticed it recognizes another nVidia device with the same vendor ID as my GPU..

Anyone else getting this?

That looks like your HDMI audio to me.

Bump for Nvidia love from those intellectual giants upon whose shoulders I stand!

very same problem with GT435m, maybe with most Fermi card?

Same(ish) problem, same NVDA channel timeout errors, but I get them every single time I try to boot (just before loading the desktop).

MSI Cyclone II here (GTX 550 Ti).

I thought I was on to something with Mountain Lion DP3 kexts. But on further inspection don't seem to have resolved any of my GT430 issues.

I Still dont know what the problem is if i turn screensaver off and just let monitors turn off it freezes all together and i have to force restart

Out of curiosity, what system def is everyone using that has these nvidia issues. I'm on macpro3,1. I'm wondering if it makes any difference for Fermi issues.

Update: Successfully changed to macpro5,1 no change in fermi issues. Boots a little faster?

I've tried 3,1 and 4,1 and 5,1 and 12,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back