1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have:

H77-DS3h
i7-3770
GTX 570

and I noticed recently that deep sleep broke.

If I let it sleep for a couple mins, it would work but if I come back to the computer after it has slept for 30 mins, my monitor would not wake up (system would wake though). I have already disabled the integrated graphics deep sleep in the bios. Any ideas? I even tried changing my definition to an imac.

This is super annoying for me because I have 2 drives that are ex-fat and as most of you know, ex-fat is broken on OSX. Whenever I have to force a reboot because the displays wont show anything, my 2 ex-fat drives will have to be repaired in some sort of way (takes a long time). I already have too much on the 2 drives to format it to NTFS.

Any ideas? I remember in 10.8.2 everything worked perfectly.

Here is my org.charmelon..plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Underscan</key>
	<string>No</string>

</dict>
</plist>

Tried it, doesn't work. Any other ideas? Would it because of PleaseSleep?

Tried it, doesn't work. Any other ideas? Would it because of PleaseSleep?

Probably not. PleaseSleep is meant to act as if you are manually forcing your PC to sleep.

No since my board's UEFI works perfectly with OSX. I am trying darkwake=10 for now, seems to work so far but will report back later if i encounter any problems again.

It did the same thing today when I turned on the computer and left it there for 5 minutes. I don't think its the matter of deep sleeping or what not, it's more to do with something else. It sleeps fine most of the time. I have no idea how to narrow down the problem.

Still doesn't work. USB keyboard is also dead when I try to wake it. The fans and drives start spinning though but no signal on the monitor.

The solution is a lot simpler that you think..

• Enter your UEFI BIOS
  • Go to MIT-Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage
  • Set this to Disabled otherwise you will lose all USB devices on wake

I discovered this solutions a few months back but the credit goes to Technical Bear blogspot for this tip :thumbup:

this was the advice i gave earlier to a poster with a similar problem to yours, hopefully this will work for you too ?

this was the advice i gave earlier to a poster with a similar problem to yours, hopefully this will work for you too ?

My h77-ds3h doesn't have that option. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back