Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5 (got it back)

Guys,
Just wanted to share my experience with all of you. I lost sound after 10.7.5 upgrade (about a week ago). I tried Multibeast steps for AppleHDA rollback and ALC889.kext with System Utilities (permission rebuild) but nothing worked.

I was so frustrated that I wanted to try upgrading to Mountain Lion (what else I could lose). Part of the process I downloaded the new Multibeast 5.0.2 and installed Chimera on my boot partition.

I got my sound back (without any other change)! Hope this helps.

I have the Gigabyte-UD3-F8 board. I lost sound after the 10.7.5 update. I recovered sound by deleting AppleHDA.kext from system/library/extentions. I then restarted, installed the ALC889 kext under Patched AppleHDA in Multibeast 4.6.1 Restarted again, and recovered sound.
My .02

I have a huge problem here now.

I updated from 10.7.4 to 10.7.5. Everything worked fine before and now I have no sound and I tried all the tipps here but without any luck.

I have a ASUS P9X79 PRO and I am using a custom DSDT. I uninstalled the AppleHDA.kext cleaned the caches / repaired permissions, rebooted, installed the ALC898 patched AppleHDA.kext and rebooted again. I defined layout-id: 382. I see all the audio channel in the preferences. I can change volume (without audio feedback). But if I try to play audio, then it just does not progress in the timeline and no audio. There is no mute turned on or something. You see the Play symbol changing to a Pause symbol ant not more. I drives me crazy now. I have no idea what the problem is. I did the procedure above a couple time and had no luck. I tried MultiBeast 4.6.1 as well as 5.1.1. I know the last one is for ML. But at least I gave it a shot. Otherwise I used MultiBeast 4.6.1.

One one thing to note here. The MIC works. I can see the visual feedback in the preferences.

I only updated to 10.7.5. This is all I did. Everything else stayed the same.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.13.08.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.13.08.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.09.58.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.09.58.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 374
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.09.04.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-16 at 12.09.04.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 426
  • My.ioreg.zip
    662.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 136
I have the Gigabyte-UD3-F8 board. I lost sound after the 10.7.5 update. I recovered sound by deleting AppleHDA.kext from system/library/extentions. I then restarted, installed the ALC889 kext under Patched AppleHDA in Multibeast 4.6.1 Restarted again, and recovered sound.
My .02

Hi, Chiefston!

It works for me. Great thank. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Have you tried the Apple HDA rollback or patch in MultiBeast. I think its gone in the latest version for Lion 4.7. It is in 4.61 and earlier in the
alc8xxx Realtek sub heading. I assume Gigabyte is Realtek. I have an Asus board and the rollback works for me. I couldn't get any of the audio drivers listed to work even with a DSDT aml!

Guys,
Just wanted to share my experience with all of you. I lost sound after 10.7.5 upgrade (about a week ago). I tried Multibeast steps for AppleHDA rollback and ALC889.kext with System Utilities (permission rebuild) but nothing worked.

I tried to delete the AppleHDA.kext and do multibeast again but nothing happened, audio still missing

It seems also I couldn't boot a my CCC back up at system reboot (id doesn't see the usb drive as a boot disc, as it did before....)

Cannot find older version of mutibeast.

I use a GA-Z68XP-UD4 and I have to report every time I move to a new version of multibest I lose audio.

any idea?

I use a GA-Z68XP-UD4 and I have to report every time I move to a new version of multibest I lose audio.
Every Software Update replaces the installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with a native AppleHDA.kext.

The recommendation is to back up S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop prior to the running Software Update and, after the update, run KextBeast to install the backup AppleHDA.kext.

If there is no AppleHDA.kext backup, run MultiBeast 4.7 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. Make a screenshot of the MultiBeast selections and save for reference. Restart

If no audio, attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

My .02

You'ra a genius! thank you, I found a multibeast 4.6.1 and followed your steps ! sound is back! thanks

Note: the same AppleHDA.kext is installed with these selections for each supported codec:
MultiBeast 4.6.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC
MultiBeast 4.7 or newer/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC
MultiBeast 4.7 or newer/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC

Only the selection wording was changed between MultiBeast version 4.6.1 and 4.7.

Hello,

can anybody help me please. I have no sound since the last updat to 10.7.5

I didn´t have a Backup of my files.

I have reinstall Multibeast, without any success.

Attached my IOReg file.

Thanks an best regards

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back