Contribute
Register

No sound after upgrade to 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured it out.

Long story short. Delete your current ktext files associated with the audio. AppleHDA and the Realtek drivers.

then re-run the Multibeast app.
then follow the guide.

then reboot

Enjoy your sound!

This method really really do the work! I lost my sound after upgrade to 10.8.2. It complained something like "callxxxxxIO.kext" not installed properly even after I reinstalled audio driver by multibeast. Then I followed this method that first deleted the AppleHDA.kext under /System/Library/.Extension. Redo the multibeast install still gave me the "callxxxxxIO.kext" error but after system reboot the sound is back.

Thank you very much!

This method really really do the work! I lost my sound after upgrade to 10.8.2. It complained something like "callxxxxxIO.kext" not installed properly even after I reinstalled audio driver by multibeast. Then I followed this method that first deleted the AppleHDA.kext under /System/Library/.Extension. Redo the multibeast install still gave me the "callxxxxxIO.kext" error but after system reboot the sound is back.

Thank you very much!
The "callxxxxxIO.kext" has nothing to do with audio, it's a USB3 3rd party kext. Delete all the CalDigital... kexts, repair permissions and cache. Reinstall audio and the correct USB3 kexts.

i got the same problem with a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3

got the latest multibeast and dsdt file... think i tried every combo of check marks in multibeast but no luck

tried to delete the kext but still no sound

btw.. no boom app whatever that is

a guide was mentioned earlier but no link?

Attachments

• Bos Mac Pro.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
I'm having the same issue, updated to 10.7.5 and I can't manage to revive audio. I'm still noobish, please help!

I'm pretty sure I've deleted all my audio ktexts and know all I need to install is a patched 889 appleHDA since I already have a DSDT installed. The reason I'm pretty sure is because I had a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB audio interface installed. Is it possible that theres a lingering ktext from that preventing me from success?

attached ioreg, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Tster’s Mac Pro.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 95
hmm... think i will go back to 10.7.4, the update is not worth loosing sound

but of course if there is a fix don't hold back and share

nevermind my issue, I just reinstalled. I'll hold off on 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back