Contribute
Register

No audio on asrock z68 extrem4 (ALC 892)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tihohod

may i ask what system definition you use? as several other people here i struggle with performance issues when using "iMac 12.1". when using "MacBook Pro 8.1" it runs way better.

Btw..is there anybody who could help me to "create" a proper DSDT for my board?
Some time ago (when using a P43 board) i tried already to play with DTDTSe but wasn't very successful. The auto patcher does not provide any asrock z68 board. Ideas?

Many thanks in advance
M

Edit: sorry for beeing off topic ;-)

Today I have successfully installed the latest (10.6.8) combo update. For some reason the usual scheme (Retail 10.6.3->Update 10.6.8) did not work due to some conflict between a new kext and the old kernel that occurred during 10.6.8 combo update installation. So I had to do Retail->10.6.7->10.6.8. Success. Also I had a problem with HD3000 drivers - they now recognize HD3000 and try to load but due to some reason (missing HD3000 support in Chimera?) this attempt fails and this leads to very long system boot (more than minute instead of usual 10 secs from my system SSD). I removed all AppleIntelHDGraph* kexts, and now boot happens very fast. In this installation I tried to use AudioHD rollback instead of VooDoo and can confirm that this works.
My video card (Radeon 6670 1 GB) works great after installing 10.6.8 without need for any additional kexts or enablers.
Did not feel any differences in performance while using different system definitions.
In general, I am pretty happy with this board. Not less happy than with previous 3 Gigabytes.

tihohod said:
In this installation I tried to use AudioHD rollback instead of VooDoo and can confirm that this works.

Do you have microphone port working this way @10.6.8? I can get mine working only via voodoohda.

igorken said:
tihohod said:
In this installation I tried to use AudioHD rollback instead of VooDoo and can confirm that this works.
Do you have microphone port working this way @10.6.8? I can get mine working only via voodoohda.

Well, it works well when the microphone (I use a cheap genius headset) is plugged into the red socket on the rear plane. But only output works at the front panel of the case.

tihohod said:
Well, it works well when the microphone (I use a cheap genius headset) is plugged into the red socket on the rear plane. But only output works at the front panel of the case.

I managed to get both input and output ports working at the rear panel by removing the front one :)

If some of the people in this forum - the ones who have successfully setup the ASRock Extreme4 in SL or Lion - could help, there's a new group of us that have been having issues with audio in both 10.6.8 and 10.7, as well as a never-ending boot cycle after installing 10.7 (through external means). It certainly seems like a hardware issue.

The Gigabyte users just keep saying the same things over and over OR tell us to buy a new board. Ridiculous. We need some real advice from people who have been there, done that. Thanks so much in advance!!!

Ended up re-installing SL from scratch and applied the kexts straightaway. Ended up working. Huh.

Today I have successfully upgraded OS on my system from SL 10.6.8 to Leon 10.7. I followed the procedure described on this site - copying Leon installation files to a separate partition on my HDD using xMove and then starting installer by choosing this partition in Chimera boot screen. I installed Leon into partition previously used by 10.6.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back